Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sure you know gas prices are going to explode and be considerably higher for the foreseeable future. My daily driver TH is now in the garage (mostly) with 31K miles on it. Drove it everywhere. Whew ..sure will miss that daily drive to work. Now the proud owner of a 2001 Honda Civic...I get confused...its been a week since I bought this P.O.S. and I still haven't filled up on gas yet.馃槀

Registered
Yeah, summer blends of fuel and our new President's agenda bring higher fuel prices. My daily gets worse gas mileage than the TH so I am not gonna complain when I have to fill it up :)

Registered
After my engine mods to bump it up to 805 hp and my ProUSA pedal enhancer I get 9.5 mpg on winter gas :D
i drive about 20k miles a year so at 10 mpg I use 2000 gallons of premium fuel or $5-6k a year depending on the price.

It's 80/20 highway /city so I get to do plenty of fun blasts entering the highway traffic permitting.
If we go on a trip we have a V6 Toyota Venza that gets 20+ mpg on regular.

Registered
Talk to the guys with a TRX dropping 100 bucks to fill up and getting 10 or less mpg. You don't buy these performance vehicles for mileage.

Super Moderator
Talk to the guys with a TRX dropping 100 bucks to fill up and getting 10 or less mpg. You don't buy these performance vehicles for mileage.
lol I wish we had a bigger tank. Im not as bad as lil hemi going 3 times a week that would kill me. I go avg 1 time per week and thats way to much IMO.

I had a super charged hummer on 37s lol talk about bad MPG. I drove it to LA I was going 90 -100 all the way there I could watch the gas needle move it was funny but sad. I stopped 4 times for gas lol. any other car would of been 1/2 tank.

Registered
My wife's DD is a 2019 Navigator. Great for road trips...good power (450hp) and 20mpg on highway.
But, around town it gets about 8-9 mpg.

My TH gets 7-8 around town. I'll take it on a grocery run.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you're concerned about gas prices and the mileage you'll get out of each tank you choose the wrong vehicle. This thing is fun and puts a smile on my face each and every day - can't put a price on that.
You are 100% correct of course...no one (hopefully) buys these things if they're even remotely concerned about gas milage...and I'm not. Course you don't even buy a 100k Jeep unless you've got some spare change to throw around.

Still love it. I think it was a sound decision to get the P.O.S commuter because I'm done putting pointless miles on the TH at 31k. Plus...gives me appreciation for what it's like to drive a 115HP car:ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are 100% correct of course...no one (hopefully) buys these things if they're even remotely concerned about gas milage...and I'm not. Course you don't even buy a 100k Jeep unless you've got some spare change to throw around.

Still love it. I think it was a sound decision to get the P.O.S commuter because I'm done putting pointless miles on the TH at 31k. Plus...gives me appreciation for what it's like to drive a 115HP car:ROFLMAO:
Also...I'm an Exxon Mobile investor since last year. Makes sense all around.

Registered
Complaining about mpg owning a Trackhawk is like complaining about the sound owning a house next to the Airport. :LOL:

Reactions: MyCrazy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Complaining about mpg owning a Trackhawk is like complaining about the sound owning a house next to the Airport. :LOL:
And I do dig that TH sound / burble...neighbors tell me my Jeep is, in fact, loud....but not obnoxious like a Harley or something.

Registered
LOL.. yeah having had my 2021 for less than a week and I am in love... I would have bought a Tesla if I cared about gas prices. 馃榾

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And even with Tesla we would get 100mpe the way we drive. Not enough, electric cars are not there yet. LOL
I can't verify...still asking around with those Tesla owners, even the Model S folks...but I hear that going up long mountain roads (think those long highways though the Rockies) on the EVs and pressing it hard eats enormous battery storage. Basically EV folks take it easy on those stretches. Not saying I'm not using tons of gas myself on those stretches in the TH...but it's a lot of fun to kill it on those uphill stretches...and not worried about finding gas.

Registered
My wife's DD is a 2019 Navigator. Great for road trips...good power (450hp) and 20mpg on highway.
But, around town it gets about 8-9 mpg.

My TH gets 7-8 around town. I'll take it on a grocery run.
Love all the sardonic humor on fuel mileage. Idea: there is a little button labeled ECO below the screen. Can be used for the fuel mileage blues, still allows the nice handling, ride, and luxe appointments inside. Haven't done a full tank with that button engaged, but first guestimate is maybe 15-16 mpg. I know, we didn't buy the car for economy, but . . not every run has to be a blast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts