Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

TH vs Urus

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Vanquishglory 
#1 ·
#9 ·
The urus has turbo lag. From start the TH is just faster even when racing from a rolling start. If you push the throttle in the urus it takes 1-2 seconds before it reacts. The TH is immediate. If they are in automatic the lag is disguised by the transmission but in manual it is very clear. What strikes me also is that the final ratio of the TH is much longer. I think that is the reason why it is slower. The urus also uses a ZF transmission but the software is way more aggressive in sport it even never goes in 8th gear.
Once the power is on, the urus is faster. So if you can not exploit the 2 second gain from kickdown the urus is faster.

But the urus costs 2,5 times more so loads of budget left for tuning on the TH!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

#10 ·
I have posted a graph regarding this issue. The urus has more power than officially stated. It is the same for the rsq8. Even the x5/6m competition have the same transmission as us. The drag coefficient is very similar if not identical. The main difference is weight between the TH and the rest. We are at least 150kg heavier than all german/italian suv’s. We are close to 250kg heavier than the urus/rsq8.

#11 ·
The thread is “top end power”

you have weights, drag coef, gearing.The biggest difference is with our final drive, but we have less rpms.

we have a higher gear ratio, which is why we have so much grunt off the line. We are pushing more torque to the center diff than the rest, but we lose in top speed what we gain in acceleration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.