Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
That Corvette looks like a chiseled weapon.

Mercedes should be ashamed of themselves for making a grocery getting wagon that has more get up and go than their amg gt r. Wtf is that about...jeez.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Interesting but I'm not sure how much I'd just accept their numbers as fact (or even that accurate). Different drivers, different weather conditions, track conditions and other factors will affect the times over the "year" of their testing. When you start getting into sub 4 sec times for cars, things like different drivers and especially weather conditions become big deals. Clearly TH numbers posted on this board and other TH forums typically beat the numbers Motor Tend got. Example, I can get 3.3 anytime. 3.0 and 3.1 are obtainable but need near perfect conditions. And the 1/4 mile time they report for the TH is way off from what I've got on mine. I suspect if all the cars were tested on the same day, at the same track and with the same driver, the order would be different. How much would the order be changed???

Now with that said, the other cars may be affected just as much under different conditions, so I'd take these comparisons with a few gains of salt.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's a fun article, mostly entertainment but directionally accurate I'd guess.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Funny that no matter how much power new cars seem to have, if they are RWD, they are running into a wall as far as acceleration times go. in 2009, a 638hp Corvette ZR1 was tested at 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, and could also run high-10s in the 1/4. 2018, the ZR1 makes 755hp and is maybe .1 quicker in both tests of acceleration.

I didn't realize the Alfa was that quick. Granted, its a lot smaller than the Grand Cherokee, but I'm impressed with its acceleration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts