Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cause if so this. Road was pretty flat. I should be happy with this yah?

Reactions: rbarras

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stock other than a catch can.

Reactions: rbarras

·
Registered
128 Posts
ET looks good, but at 46* you aren't going to do much better with the launch. The tires are like hockey pucks unless you can get them warmed up. If you get them warmed up with a few launches however the car will be heat soaked, so I'd be happy with that! I can only get 3.1 (never ran through the 1/4 timer) when it is about 60* outside...anything colder and its a crap shoot with tire slip. If you can get on a good road with that temp and have it hook better you'll be looking at 11.3 maybe \-(':')-/

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those look my stock numbers. U using LC? You’ll get better numbers without it.
i did use LC. can't imagine i'll cut better than a 1.5 60' but i'll sure give it a try:smile2:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Timer is accurate as long as the tires don't slip. Been going to the track and comparing 1/8 - 1/4 times and it's right on. Low 10s for me but I am not stock :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very impressive 60 ft. I was on a fully prepped track (1/4 mile) although it was hot. Super sticky and best I managed was 1.56 60 ft per my slips with an upper pulley and a tune. The tunes were rough but still... For 5500 lbs and run flat tires I was very impressed with 1.56. Zero wheel slip.

HS

·
Registered
212 Posts
Timer is accurate as long as the tires don't slip. Been going to the track and comparing 1/8 - 1/4 times and it's right on. Low 10s for me but I am not stock :)
Wow my timers are a bit off actually... Truck was saying i ran a 9.8 when i was running a 10.1

·
Registered
582 Posts
Keep in mind if you are looking at a distance:time number, it’s going to be influenced by tire spin.

The elapsed times to speed are pretty accurate, but anything with distance involved (60’, 1/8th , 1/4 etc) is iffy, at best.

The only way to measure distance is via wheel speed sensors. Spin the tires and wheel speed sensor is going to think you traveled further then the truck actually did, hence why the distance times are typically quicker if you measure it against a track slip or something that uses gps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
362 Posts
IMO, your numbers are pretty good for what I would consider normal conditions. But I have found the truck is capable of more under "better" conditions. I've posted this before (thumbnail below) but here it is again. (1/8 speed is in kph for some reason) These were the best numbers with my first stock" TH (2018 model). What I've found is the key to getting that last few tenths/secs and mph's is to make your runs in cold/dry weather and to launch off of a good "concrete" surface. (a prep'd track would probably even be better) Also, I didn't see my absolute best numbers until I had well over 10k miles on the vehicle.

I'm on my 2nd "stock" TH now (a 2019 model) and my first couple of runs with it have been made in the ~60f deg range and my numbers were virtually identical to yours. HOWEVER, next week it's going to get close to the freezing point around here so I plan to find out what my new one will really do.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
It seems like the more power you make or more tire slip, the less accurate. Mine is .40 faster then the track. I am in the mid 10s.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I made a few more passes yesterday now that the weather is much cooler... (low 30's f) I got 3.1 0-60 several times, and a 11.5 at 120 in the 1/4. Funny thing is, later while looking at the "best times" in the performance pages after the runs, the 0-60 accurately indicated the 3.1 0-60 which I saw when making the runs but the 1/4 mile speed hasn't "updated" since my first pass over a month ago which was 117. I saw a 119 and 120 on the last two runs on the "recent" PP but the "best" page didn't update with those numbers.

My 1st TH also had some weird things happen on the PP. Like everything recorded in mph "except" the 1/8 speed which was shown in kph. Never figured that one out.

Anyone else notice that not "all" of the numbers are updating on the "best" PP?

·
Banned
362 Posts
I made a few more passes yesterday now that the weather is much cooler... (low 30's f) I got 3.1 0-60 several times, and a 11.5 at 120 in the 1/4. Funny thing is, later while looking at the "best times" in the performance pages after the runs, the 0-60 accurately indicated the 3.1 0-60 which I saw when making the runs but the 1/4 mile speed hasn't "updated" since my first pass over a month ago which was 117. I saw a 119 and 120 on the last two runs on the "recent" PP but the "best" page didn't update with those numbers.

My 1st TH also had some weird things happen on the PP. Like everything recorded in mph "except" the 1/8 speed which was shown in kph. Never figured that one out.

Anyone else notice that not "all" of the numbers are updating on the "best" PP?
Well, I made another run today and the numbers on the "Best" PP updated this time.

Go figure that!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts