Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
[QUOTE="Champale, post: 74940, member: 6404"

Downsides? The Pirelli all seasons are decent in terms of grip but don't last too long (18k miles on my 1st set) and there aren't too many quality options available. There are not many true performance brake pads available for them so your options are limited.- I just received a set of pads from Demon Performance.
[/QUOTE]
So, it seems that the insinuation is that you will have more tire options than what you have with the Pirelli all seasons if you get different pads and rotors?

·
Registered
74 Posts
what do you consider low? I'm looking at under 25k miles
25k and under is low, in my opinion for 18. Becareful even at those miles I've seen people put stage 2 tune on them, seen 3 while I was looking for my Trackhawk 2-3 months ago. Best way to tell is lower pulley, pay attention to that. Intake and catch-can and maybe exhaust is normal I would say.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
25k and under is low, in my opinion for 18. Becareful even at those miles I've seen people put stage 2 tune on them, seen 3 while I was looking for my Trackhawk 2-3 months ago. Best way to tell is lower pulley, pay attention to that. Intake and catch-can and maybe exhaust is normal I would say.
is it easy to notice a lower pulley swap? Or do some of them look like the stock pulley?

I'm steering clear of anything that has a gates HD green belt right off the bat

·
Registered
74 Posts
is it easy to notice a lower pulley swap? Or do some of them look like the stock pulley?

I'm steering clear of anything that has a gates HD green belt right off the bat
50/50, you really need to be looking at it, have a light with you or use your phone, phone is not the best but it will do.
Here's complete stock for you. Stock will be a bit rusty and will have dust.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
I’ve bought my last four cars from a different area. I always tell the dealer/person I want to have a multipoint done by manufacturer service department. It’s usually like $150 and they give you a print out. If anything is wrong after that you can take it right back to them.
That's exactly what I plan on doing. Not buying anything that hasn't been inspected by an FCA dealer

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's exactly what I plan on doing. Not buying anything that hasn't been inspected by an FCA dealer
Are you in Granite City, IL? If so, as of last week there was still a pretty nice TH at Napelton in Chicago area. It was one of my top two. I went with mine because it was debadged full body clear bra.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
Are you in Granite City, IL? If so, as of last week there was still a pretty nice TH at Napelton in Chicago area. It was one of my top two. I went with mine because it was debadged full body clear bra.
Nah I'm in Michigan. My hellcat lease is up at the end of this year so that's when I'll be buying TH. Just keeping an eye on the used market for now and hoping prices for a 2018 hit mid 60k range, lol. Thanks though!

·
Registered
11 Posts
** PROs / Advantages: (12 + tons more) ***

-1-
Exclusivity and distinction at the highest level especially in Europe, very few
units: there are more Lamborghini Urus, Bentaygas, Maseratis Levante Trofeo V8,
Cayenne, G-Class AMG, Range Rover Supercharged V8 and possibly Rolls Cullinan
(which is another segment) than Jeeps TrackHawk

-2-
Overwhelming aesthetics without attracting attention except at the right point: how it happens to them
the Range Rovers, the more powerful versions (both supercharged) are not
aesthetically differ greatly from the diesel and less equipped versions, except
for connoisseurs, which makes it easier to go unnoticed if you want, that he does not sing
park, not be so careful to watch it as a very striking car and be able to
park it quietly as well as drive without each car trying to measure or
compete as if it were a race and how it happens to models excessively
flashy such as a Levante, Urus, Cayenne, etc. It also has the “noise
cancelation ”which when pressed stops the engine / exhaust sound

-3-
Engine: petrol V8 supercharged with COMPRESSOR (supercharger) with all the benefits of
an atmospheric n/a (linearity, stretched, push from below, SOUND, reliability) but without
the disadvantages of TURBOs (lag delay, not immediate, makes sound worse, stretches
less) but with a reliability superior to the European ones and with a lot of capacity to
be further enhanced if desired: use of wet cylinder liners, crankshaft
forged steel capable of withstanding 110 bar (normal is 70-90) and shock absorber of
torque capable of climbing up to 13,000 rpm almost like an F1 (despite limited
at almost 6250 rpm, you have a margin to spare), forged pistons and connecting rods and bushings and
high capacity bolts treated with diamond carbon coating, valves
Sodium-filled and alloy steel exhaust for quick cooling, changing
8-speed torque converted (the most reliable and comfortable). It is the same engine as
Ride the legendary Dodge Challenger STR Hellcat, reliable, performance and timeless.

-4-
Not bad off-road capabilities as a great off-road in spite of their structure: ground clearance, ride
some more than capable 45 profile tires for 295 width, good heights of
entry-exit and ventral angle like a good Jeep but also a traction system
Quadra-Track SRT / Quadra-Drive II and ELSD (limited slip differential):
it has also broken the record in Siberia's Lake Baikal for being the fastest SUV / TT
on ice, which ensures that in the field, snow, ice, dirt, mud ... it will be better
than its rivals (always with a minimum, M + S Mud + Snow = Mud + Snow tires).
It is also the one with the most tradition and history among rivals (Cayenne, Urus, Levante)

-5-
Highest level and advanced safety: forward collision warning and active braking
automatic, 7 huge airbags with different speeds depending on the extent of impact

-6-
Possibilities of customization and empowerment, preparation or off-road
infinite: being a legendary American model (Grand Cherokee model) it has a
huge after-sales offer of all kinds of accessories and historical preparers for
Jeep in case you want to give it more capable off-road.

-7-
Low maintenance costs for what you offer: many of your parts - in
special those that are not engine - it shares them with the rest of the models, which prevents
the brand to market the parts at a gold price (as in Ferrari, Aston
Martin, Lamborghini, Bentley) because with common to the other Grand Cherokee WK2.
It allows possible conversion to LPG in the future due to its easy indirect injection (and with
this obtain ECO label for driving into the center of the biggest cities with no parking neccesary)

-8-
Versatility and practicality: big cargo space, comfortable 5 people, trunk
giant inside and adequate outside 4.84m in length and 1.95m width (fits in
any European garage parking, any street, etc). For the city, the country, the beach,
travel, circuit, shopping, daily use ... it is excellent in everything stage. It also has a
enormous load capacity and towing, with a specific program for this

-9-
Luxury and options, fully equipped without missing anything. For example: Leather
LAGUNA "nappa" throughout the cabin. SELF-ADJUSTABLE bucket seats
automatically based on speed to maximize comfort when going to beats
normal and maximize safety when racing, Brembo brakes and control
absolute engine and traction with Select-Track, all systems assisted by
driving possible (BLISS, parallel and perpendicular parking, ParkSense),
Automatic SOS, rear camera, keyless, 19 H&K speakers, 2 subwoofers, valet mode
that "layer" the car so that the valet does not run with him even wanting

-10-
Unsurpassed engine sound (intake and exhaust): the high displacement (6,166 cc), the
absence of turbo (use compressor instead, more advantageous) and the V8 with crankshaft type
cross-plane brings the characteristic bubbling of an American V8. Most of their
rivals have lower displacement settings (3.8 liters, 4 liters, 4.4 liters)
that they combine with turbos (a little more efficiency but at the cost of lag, worse sound and no
push neither down nor up). The only one similar for displacement and compressor, is the
Range Rover 5.0 supercharged, which is still 1,200 cc less and 150 hp less.
What do you want discretion, silence or family trip? It has a “noise
cancellation ”that silences it to the maximum by filtering almost all sound.
Anyway, the exhaust sound can be increased with several after market exhaoust or a straight pipe.

-11-
You only need 95 RON Euro (91 octane USA) gasoline: Like a good American V8 engine (and turbo/super/charged) and for
Its 9.5:1 compression ratio is designed with greater tolerances in terms of
fuel qualities, so you don't need 98 RON EURO (93 octane USA) unless you modify the car for getting the max power.
While many European models require using 98 RON EURO (93 octane USA) which is not available in many gas stations), to avoid rod knock detonations

-12-
More advanced "Launch Control", does the 0-100 in 3.5 seconds and the quarter mile
in 11.6 sec (faster than Urus, Levante Trofeo, Rover Sport SVR, Cayenne Turbo S),
that allows to have the maximum boost pressure and filling of the
intake manifolds immediately by opening the by-pass valve
compressor (supercharger)

*** CONTRAs / Disadvantages (only 3) **

I-
Low gas autonomy if you do long trips, especially in the city

II-
High fuel cost per distance traveled

III-
Higher insurance, maintenance and breakdown costs than a Jeep with another engine

IV-
As a high-performance car with enormous power, it will often cause other vehicles with drivers who know the Jeep model, to want to compete, measure themselves or race against you while driving or leaving each traffic light, it is not frequent since this car is not very striking but it will happen sometime and it can be annoying if you go with the family or quiet. This is common and much more frecuent if you are driving other similar cars as Urus, Cayenne, Levante...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow! You have a lot of specifics for you that I can’t speak to but the main thing to me is that you have way more pros than cons on your list. Go for it. You won’t be disappointed.
Here’s my assessment of the car from someone that grew up on American muscle and transitioned to love other high performance cars as well, specifically German.
I still own my first car (1969 camaro) that I bought in the 90’s when I was 15 and was a daily driver/building when young then completely restored as I grew. I have owned a different car every two years, and also had the ability to track many cars from lambos, ferraris, audi R8s, Porsche’s, Z06, GTR, etc.
In choosing the Trackhawk I switched from an AMG C63s and if there was a brand that gives you the muscle car feel with foreign luxury it’s an AMG, I have no major complaints about that car. Just time to move on.
SUV specifically I drove RR SVRs, SQ8, X3M, X5M, X6M, AMG GLC63s, GLE63s and GLE63s coupe, Cayenne and Macons as well as multiple sedans (M8 GC, E63s, M5, RS7). Over all of them I chose the Trackhawk. Yes it’s a Grand Cherokee but at its highest trim (I recommend the leather and audio upgrade) its competitive with the luxury brands. Actually quite nice in fact. Mercedes has an amazing cockpit feel but everything seems delicate, BMW has a traditional German feel but sound is horrible and as nice as it is it still squeaks and cracks which annoys me. Check out this M5 video and he’s not wrong. AMG is a little better but not far off on squeaks:

This BMW is so sick until you touch it lmfao #cheap #bmw #m5 #carsoftiktok #fyp

Audi technology is incredible but to me there is no feel with the road, just speed but it electronically does everything.
Any Land Rover to me, as impressive as they are on off road courses, I’m not willing to constantly get them fixed. I had a multi brand dealer refuse to sell me a Range Rover and steer me to other brands because he wanted me as a long term customer. That said a lot!
I haven’t driven an Urus (if I had $250k+ I wouldn’t spend it on an SUV) but the TH can be flashy and pick up races if you want or ignored if you want.
Performance wise the TH is just impressive. It throws you back and moves a 5400lb suv like theres no tomorrow and sounds the part. If you don’t like the particular sound, buy an aftermarket cat back exhaust you do like.
Many cars have power but this AWD system puts it to the ground. Instead of waiting for tires to stop spinning or turbos to stop lag and kick in I’m thrown back and rattled with a smile. I’m running consistent stock 3.2s on ALL season tires and I can press a button to open the hatch for my kids bikes plus not worry about potholes with low profile summer tires. It just seems more robust of a vehicle as well.
In reference to your towing comments-It helped that I felt I could move my boat or jet ski at the end of season but didn’t buy for that.
All in all I say you will have an experience like no other and I don’t know how you wouldn’t be impressed and smile whenever you drive it. Customize most your settings to be in track mode for the teenager in you and leave in the auto mode if you want daily driving SUV feel. Dont think about gas mileage unless it’s to laugh with your friends about how ridiculous it is but worth it.
Good luck and enjoy!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts