Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
doing a track event, want a little more grip and don't want to beat up on my (stock) street tires. Any thoughts on Hankook Ventus ST rh06? Price seems right, and they have decent reviews.

edit.. forget it, didn't look at the speed rating .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are you going to be running the RH06's over the 149 speed rating on the track? I ran a set of those on a GC SRT I had a few years ago and I thought they were pretty good for the price... Actually I liked the "aggressive" look they gave the car.... I never tracked them but they seemed to grip as well as the OEM tires.

I just put a new set of Michelin Pilot Sports on the TH. Really like them...Non runflats and a smother ride.186 speed rating and about half the price of the P Zeros.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are you going to be running the RH06's over the 149 speed rating on the track? I ran a set of those on a GC SRT I had a few years ago and I thought they were pretty good for the price... Actually I liked the "aggressive" look they gave the car.... I never tracked them but they seemed to grip as well as the OEM tires.

I just put a new set of Michelin Pilot Sports on the TH. Really like them...Non runflats and a smother ride.186 speed rating and about half the price of the P Zeros.
QTH - What size did you get in the Michelin Pilot Sports? I am about to replace tires and was comparing the Michelin, and the Hankook Ventus. I too love the look of the Hankook and was wondering if that would be a good all around tire for the TH in Texas. I like Michelin tires in general, but prefer the aggressive look of the Hankook.

·
Registered
15 Posts
QTH - What size did you get in the Michelin Pilot Sports? I am about to replace tires and was comparing the Michelin, and the Hankook Ventus. I too love the look of the Hankook and was wondering if that would be a good all around tire for the TH in Texas. I like Michelin tires in general, but prefer the aggressive look of the Hankook.
295/45-20

I like Michelins too but I would have considered the Hankooks again but the speed rating is to low and I do tend to try and push the upper limits when I get the chance. :) Not sure I'd feel comfortable running the Hankooks over 150

1 - 4 of 4 Posts