Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Is this more prevalent in track mode? I’ve noticed the downshift to 1st can be a tad abrupt but I don’t know about a thud.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Haven't noticed it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone else experienced a slight thud sound when coming to a stop? It appears to be coming from the front end and/ or breaking system.
Dealer has had it all week and said they came up with the spare tire being loose. Got it back and at the first red light 1000 feet from the dealership the pop was still there. I was so pissed. The sound is happening while coming to a stop or when placing in gear from drive to reverse or back & forth. Also we are in upper 80 to 90 degree weather. I don't have a clue. I do know the spare tire was still loose and the plastic retainer which holds it down is cheap! Anyone please????

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dealer has had it all week and said they came up with the spare tire being loose. Got it back and at the first red light 1000 feet from the dealership the pop was still there. I was so pissed. The sound is happening while coming to a stop or when placing in gear from drive to reverse or back & forth. Also we are in upper 80 to 90 degree weather. I don't have a clue. I do know the spare tire was still loose and the plastic retainer which holds it down is cheap! Anyone please????
It sounds like your driveline and not your brakes to me. I would ask the service advisor to take a ride with you so you can demonstrate it for him. I would ask them to check your 4-wheel drive transfer case and/or your differentials. It sounds like you have some slop in your driveline somewhere which explains the “thud” sound when stopping and shifting from park to drive.

My spare tire plastic retainer was loose too, but it made a squeaking sound when hitting the brakes hard and not a “thud” sound. It was easy to figure out and once I tightened it down, it went right away.

Sorry you are experiencing this, and I hope this helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took a ride this morning with the service manager and he heard the sound. Taking it back Monday, he thinks it is something loose hitting the bottom of the vehicle. I guess we will see!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, What I should have kept! A 2017 GMC Yukon Denali supercharged..... Which they gave me a 2018 to drive but still never any problems with my 17 that sold before I even got the Trackhawk.
Neat! Which aftermarket supercharger do they have installed on your loaner? How's the driveability?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update…. Yesterday the dealer called me and said FCA put a service bulletin out about the thud noise.... Said to replace the 4 rear rubber suspension bushing with new updated polyurethane ones. Waiting on them to come in. Just like I told them. It was coming from the suspension. So everyone have your ears open!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe I have the same issue. I can only hear it if I am backing up at more than just an idle. It happens when I am in reverse and I give it a little quick throttle. You can hear a thud or creak of some kind. It makes sense to me that it is the bushings on the suspension. Do you think this sounds like the same thing? Let me know if it resolves your issue and I will be sure to bring it up the next time I bring mine in to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts