Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I’ve had the my Hawk for about 7 months now & ready to void the warranty.
I’m sure there is posts about this but I’d like opinions for my situation since i am only at 82’ above sea level.

I’m planning on doing upper & lower pulley, crank pin, spacers, heat blanket, 180 thermostat, 108mm TB, & Fic1200 injectors.
I already have Awe catback, JLT CAI & MM catch can.

My question is what upper pulley size do you guys recommend for this setup without pushing it too close to its limits. Planning on keeping it on pump gas since i DD. Or what is your opinion on the flex fuel kit?

·
Registered
446 Posts
My .02 on your plan is go for what you can afford and make smart choices. The first thing I would do is find the tuner you are most comfortable with and get their advice on part choices to meet your goal. That being said most don't see improvement with the larger TB unless you are porting the snout as well and then you are still probably safe within the flow abilities of these motors on a stock blower. Select injectors, flexfuel and pulley size based on the tuners input and the fuel type you plan on running for your goal. You might want to explore the FI Interchiller if you plan on pushing output repeatedly. Other than that, solid choices for a daily driven street beast or weekend warrior. Then start thinking upgrading supporting mods like diff braces, drive shaft, axle shaft, etc.. Good luck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I sent mine on a car carrier to Modern Muscle in Plainfield IL.
Other reputable shops are Demon Performance and Livernois Performance.
Livernois also sells kits for more boost and supplies tunes for hand held tuning boxes for 700.00

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nathan at Demon Performance, hands down the best. He had mine tuned so it felt like a stock TH but it was an absolute beast when you wanted it to be. All on pump gas, like you mine was a daily driver.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
41 Posts
Alright guys, I’ve had the my Hawk for about 7 months now & ready to void the warranty.
I’m sure there is posts about this but I’d like opinions for my situation since i am only at 82’ above sea level.

I’m planning on doing upper & lower pulley, crank pin, spacers, heat blanket, 180 thermostat, 108mm TB, & Fic1200 injectors.

My question is what upper pulley size do you guys recommend for this setup without pushing it too close to its limits. Planning on keeping it on pump gas since i DD. Or what is your opinion on the flex fuel kit?
Its not worth it ifnits only a few extra ponies.....go hard or dont sacrifice the warranty you have....is it worth 30 to 50 more horsepower if you have to pay outtah pocket for a glitch your hawk may experience....trust me i was tempted also but i asked myself....if im not in 900HP its not worth the money youll save being within the safety of a warranty that will save you cash if a glitch happens....my opinion

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nathan at Demon Performance, hands down the best. He had mine tuned so it felt like a stock TH but it was an absolute beast when you wanted it to be. All on pump gas, like you mine was a daily driver.
This is good to know. My TH will be going there after my 300 is finished getting tuned by them.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
41 Posts
This is good to know. My TH will be going there after my 300 is finished getting tuned by them.
Keep in mind....giving this TH more power without the components necessary to keep it from being a SUV that will turn into a truck you wont like is very easy to do...example:
The TH suspension support us the same suspension support as the jeep summit
So therefore adding more power to this TH will run the risk of breakkng the components due to exceeded power recommended....most people just concentrate on engine but the jeep share components that are cost effective...yes the track hawk has sport suspension but on a jeep summit brackets....there max power is 707HP lol...so be careful & mindful of the upgrades you do....

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
41 Posts
Keep in mind....giving this TH more power without the components necessary to keep it from being a SUV that will turn into a truck you wont like is very easy to do...example:
The TH suspension support us the same suspension support as the jeep summit
So therefore adding more power to this TH will run the risk of breakkng the components due to exceeded power recommended....most people just concentrate on engine but the jeep share components that are cost effective...yes the track hawk has sport suspension but on a jeep summit brackets....there max power is 707HP lol...so be careful & mindful of the upgrades you do....
Think about it....i dont know what you drove before this TH BUT if you never drove a 707HP engine set up like this and this isnt enough power for you and you dont drive (drag) on tracks....you wont often get a real chance to fully use & let alone be safe top speeding it often...i know its tempting every owner here can relate but we all ha e different uses for the TH but if yours isnt track and you drive daily with her a warranty is your best best because youll need that in your corner since you'll have more maintenance cost to shell out than modifications you'll do!....my opinion

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really appreciate all of your opinions guys. They’re all really helpful & some actually made me think about it a little more. I will take my time & make sure everything gets done right & by the right person.
& like ROCKMUZK suggests. If i do, i might just go all out & do e85 to make it worth it. I have about 3 stations within a 10 mile radius so it shouldn’t be an issue. I have another vehicle i can drive if the hawk is too much to dd when it’s done.

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
50 Posts
Keep it stock until you can afford to replace the motor. Software can be glitchy. Stock tunes usually leave plenty of room for error. I come from the era of carburetors, forced induction really wasn’t a viable option on the street until I was in my mid-20s. After watching my friend be the Guinea pig and melt pistons and blow head gaskets on 3 mustang motors with a vortech s trim. Once he got the tune/combination I decided to put a procharger P1-SC on my 87 gt. Everything went well I just never felt comfortable beating on it because I never fully trusted the spring/diaphragm that increased fuel pressure as boost increased. It was just kind of a band aid way of getting increased pressure when you needed it. Primitive times. I sold it shortly after and purchased a Ford lightning. I just always felt comfortable knowing a lot of engineering went into the factory tune so you can drive it hard and not really worry. I have since owned 5 factory boosted vehicles and have loved every one of them. Plus one on what ROCKMUZK said, wait until you can go nuts. There’s plenty of guys out here with tons of experience that will point you in the right direction no matter which way you go. Check the archives, there’s tons of conversations out there. Best of luck enjoying your hawk

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you want to go cheap you can look into the Ripp Incognito lower pulley that slips over the stock lower pulley.
Said to add 50 hp without a new tune.
Also there's a pedal enhancer I have the ProtuningUSA one that livens up the less than WOT performance and makes it more aggressive.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Dusterhoff tuning

1 - 14 of 14 Posts