Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simply hate being showcased as a fish bowl. Lol. Not only do you take a beating in the sun, but the fact that you have limited privacy.

I would have done this earlier, but I was having too much fun driving this thing. Planning to match the front(driver/passenger) with the rear windows. I think I read somewhere that the front windows already come slightly tinted from the factory (70%). If I go with 20% tint for the front, it technically means i would have 14% tint. That’s darker than the rear.

I think 35% is the sweet spot cause it means you have 24.5% tint, factoring in the 70% which is already present. The rears are 20% I suspect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should use a tint meter to check as my factory "70%" was not correct. I believe it was actually 76%. I then tested a few different percentages to get an even 10% all around. I think it ended up being 50% on the back and 15% on the front two windows.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should use a tint meter to check as my factory "70%" was not correct. I believe it was actually 76%. I then tested a few different percentages to get an even 10% all around. I think it ended up being 50% on the back and 15% on the front two windows.
That’s a gorgeous TH right there. Redline looks stunning.

I always thought the rears and back windscreen were 20%.

Another factor I am cognizant about is that my car is black so even 35% in front would look really dark. But that’s a really good suggestion to check with the tint meter for exact numbers before proceeding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Factory is 70% on the front two windows and 20% on the rear. To get an even match I put 50% over the 20% on the rears and 15% over the 70% (really 76%) on the front two. The result was 10% all around. If you have a shop doing it they can take the various rolls of tint and hang it over the window and then use the meter to calculate/read the % it will be after applying the tint.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did the 20% ceramic on all windows except the windshield. I wanted the back windows darker. Turned out nice.

Technically you have 4% at the back. That’s darker than limo (5%) lol.

But I gotta say it looks sick.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I did the 20% ceramic on all windows except the windshield. I wanted the back windows darker. Turned out nice.

Mine is Billet Silver, too... and yours looks fantastic!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The other thing to be aware of is that the factory tint is tint only and doesn’t provide UV protection. I’ve booked mine in for, from memory, 17% front and 85% rear tint to get the UV protection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts