Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone that went with 22” rims experience rubbing on fender when turning. I have the factory 20” but the snow tires I have are larger then factory and I have noticed rubbing when I make a right turn at 25 mph or more.

·
Super Moderator
2,966 Posts
What sized tire are you running when you notice the rubbing? That doesn’t sound right to me that it’s running at higher speeds. I’d think that you would only have rubbing at full lock. Are you lowered too?

·
Super Moderator
2,966 Posts
295/50/20 - 31.6
295/45/20 - 30.5
A 285/45/20 - 30.1

Thats significant increase in tire height to me when you're already lowered
I guess if you’re saying .5” is a lot, doesn’t seem like it to me but there’s no pics of his setup. Most people get rubbing when they go wider but I could be wrong. Also doesn’t make sense to me that it’s only right turns above 25mph.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will keep posted. It’s stock set up. I honestly think some how the fender liner is touching the tire. Taking wheels off this weekend to see. That’s my only guess since it seems loose.
I think mine does it too. It's the passenger tire rubbing the fender liner behind the tire toward the motor. It seems like there is a missing screw or something. It just doesn't seem like it is attached well there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess the guy who was suppose to attach those got fired on our vehicles. Mine was loose as a goose too. I actually had the 305's installed and when we backed out, they rubbed. So thankfully I was able to switch back to 295's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts