Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
What tires did you end up getting?

I switched to the Hankooks Ventus S1 Evo3 original size. Awesome tire.
How are these tires treating you? 3 of my original Pirellis are at the wear bar and for some odd reason one looks like it has a lot of mileage left. In any case I need new shoes with the winter weather bearing down hard on us now in NJ. Have you driven in the rain and snow in these?
Do they hook in the dry? Handle rain well enough? Snow?
Thank you
Mike

· Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
442 Posts
How are these tires treating you? 3 of my original Pirellis are at the wear bar and for some odd reason one looks like it has a lot of mileage left. In any case I need new shoes with the winter weather bearing down hard on us now in NJ. Have you driven in the rain and snow in these?
Do they hook in the dry? Handle rain well enough? Snow?
Thank you
Mike
Awesome. Very predictable in heavy rain with a lot of traction. They have a little less traction when cold compared to the pzeros. When warm or hot better than the pzeros. When pushing the tyres hard they keep gripping when the pzeros loose grip. Very good tread wear also. If michelin doesn’t come out with oem size super sports than I am for sure sticking with the hankooks. I have lost all faith in the pzeros specially when seeing how out of round the tread was on all 4.

· Registered
148 Posts
Thank you for the real world feedback. The Pzero were decent but after 14,000 miles and never deliberately spinning them, I am disappointed and wont buy them again. The Hankook are about $150 cheaper each than the ContiExtreme, so I will give Hankook a shot. Thanks again.

Reactions: Skltr

· Premium Member
442 Posts
Thank you for the real world feedback. The Pzero were decent but after 14,000 miles and never deliberately spinning them, I am disappointed and wont buy them again. The Hankook are about $150 cheaper each than the ContiExtreme, so I will give Hankook a shot. Thanks again.
I hope you like them as much as I do. Please leave positive or negative feedback. Curios to see what your opinion will be. They are also Porsche approved tires for Macan, Cayenne, Panamera, 718. If Porsche uses them as OEM tires I think that is a statement to Hankooks quality

· Registered
148 Posts
I hope you like them as much as I do. Please leave positive or negative feedback. Curios to see what your opinion will be. They are also Porsche approved tires for Macan, Cayenne, Panamera, 718. If Porsche uses them as OEM tires I think that is a statement to Hankooks quality
Just ordered these from tire rack. They then called me to say "the original tires had a speed rating of 180+ and these are up to 149, we want you to know theyre not the same as the original"
ME - I'm not doin' 149 MPH anywhere, LOL

· Premium Member
442 Posts
Just ordered these from tire rack. They then called me to say "the original tires had a speed rating of 180+ and these are up to 149, we want you to know theyre not the same as the original"
ME - I'm not doin' 149 MPH anywhere, LOL
No way that is true. Mine are both ZR & Y rated. It was a deal maker or breaker for me. I like to push my TH to max once in a while.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

· Registered
148 Posts
I got these off tire rack and they are not Z rated. I dont go much above 40 MPH unless on the highway then maybe 75-80:D

· Registered
148 Posts
Any opinions?
HA! Not much to speak of yet. I may have driven about 30 miles on them so far. I'd say they are a little softer sidewall so turns may feel a little looser but not like "WOW the Jeep is sloppy". Thats about it. Its raining here today so if I go more than 3 miles, I wont notice much. Once I get a little more seat time, I'll update but I cant really tell much of a difference, which is a good thing

· Registered
148 Posts
Any opinions?
got a chance to drive in some rainy conditions the last day or two. Purely my personal feedback but these tires seem to hold to the road a little better than the PZero's. I'm not sure if I can articulate this properly in writing but in the wet the PZero's felt a little loose or a touch sloppy, but these seem to tighten that up a bit. Again just what I'm noticing, YMMV

· Premium Member
442 Posts
got a chance to drive in some rainy conditions the last day or two. Purely my personal feedback but these tires seem to hold to the road a little better than the PZero's. I'm not sure if I can articulate this properly in writing but in the wet the PZero's felt a little loose or a touch sloppy, but these seem to tighten that up a bit. Again just what I'm noticing, YMMV
I hope that my recommendation hasn’t disappointed. I am extremely happy with mine, but mine are “zr” rated. Could be a difference between the 2 on how they handle. When ever you get a chance push them a little harder to gain confidence in them. Just be safe doing so. That is basically what I do when switching between tire brands or tire models, push them to their limits to know what they are before I am put in an emergency situation

· Registered
148 Posts
My life is quite boring! LOL! I work from home and leave to go about a mile to the gym (5 days a week). Other than that I rarely drive, but when I drive like a grandpa :LOL:
With "honeydo" lists every Saturday since the turn of the year, I barely leave the house at all. When spring arrives things will be different. I appreciate your advice and will try this. I like to know the feel of a vehicle and I really havent seen much difference in these tires compared to PZero

Reactions: Vanquishglory
21 - 35 of 35 Posts