Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad luck brought me a puncture at one of tires only after 850 miles.
Screw made it.

And as FYI, i called Jeep first to check if is cover by Jeep Warranty and reply was negative,
if was tire defect yes, but not road hazard but Customer Service agent suggested me to call Pirelli.
And after call Pirelli customer service got a good surprise that all Pirelli Run-Flat tires have Road Hazard coverage,
This made me save $420 (cost of a new Pirelli Scorpion Verde) because these tires are not fixable.

Just sharing this good surprise that can be used by one of you guys as well.

Cheers
Diego
Charlotte, NC

·
Registered
29 Posts
So how does it work? You need to send them the tire? I must admit that I have patched run flats before. I spoke with someone at one point (thought it was an engineer as am I) and he stated that the only reason they say they are not fixable is that they can not guarantee the sidewall is not damaged. The sidewall is only designed to carry the weight of the vehicle for so many miles at zero pressure. But if you have a small leak and never loose full pressure, the sidewall should be unaffected.

·
Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
Great info on the road hazard!!

Yeah, I think you’re right about the sidewall issue. If it doesn’t go flat and/or you don’t drive on it, then I don’t see why you couldn’t patch one (I wouldn’t plug a hole though)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So how does it work? You need to send them the tire? I must admit that I have patched run flats before. I spoke with someone at one point (thought it was an engineer as am I) and he stated that the only reason they say they are not fixable is that they can not guarantee the sidewall is not damaged. The sidewall is only designed to carry the weight of the vehicle for so many miles at zero pressure. But if you have a small leak and never loose full pressure, the sidewall should be unaffected.
It was surprisingly simple, customer service just instructed me to go to one of their reps in my area and inform that i have Road Hazard Coverage" by Pirelli.
I choose closest "Discount Tire", arriving at shop tire was checked and a new one was order to distribution center because they didnt have in stock.
After 2 days tire arrived, was mounted and balanced.
Cost $0.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info on the road hazard!!

Yeah, I think you’re right about the sidewall issue. If it doesn’t go flat and/or you don’t drive on it, then I don’t see why you couldn’t patch one (I wouldn’t plug a hole though)
I was a little excited to have a reason to change my Pirelli's to Nitto's, but at the end decided to save some $$$ for now, will do it later.

·
Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
Yeah, I’m currently researching 22” rims with drag radials as well. Please share whatever u come up with. I found some nice rims but they’re over 1k/per plus tyres so I’m in no rush.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It was surprisingly simple, customer service just instructed me to go to one of their reps in my area and inform that i have Road Hazard Coverage" by Pirelli.
I choose closest "Discount Tire", arriving at shop tire was checked and a new one was order to distribution center because they didnt have in stock.
After 2 days tire arrived, was mounted and balanced.
Cost $0.
So what did you do for the two days?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what did you do for the two days?
Put Spare Tire and kept TH in my garage.
I left puncture tire at shop because screw got missing after i drove 1.5 day with screw at tire, just re-inflating.
After screw got missing, tire was going from 45psi to 0psi in about 30 mins, so there was not reason to drive it.
But customer service told me that i could continue using puncture tire until new one arrives if i wish to.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sorry you had a flat in the first place, but thanks for the info about Pirelli. I wouldn't have thought of that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts