Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to pick up 2020 TH and it’s supposed to snow 3 to 5 inches will I have a problem getting home 3 hr drive

·
Registered
655 Posts
Man, I'd hate for my first day with my new TH to be in snow.

I have no experience with how it would handle the snow...I live in SoCal...but it somehow seems wrong to take a brand new expensive vehicle and subject it to snowy roads. Do they use salt/brine where you live?

·
Registered
582 Posts
What tires?

With the all seasons, shouldn’t be a problem .

With summer tires, wouldn’t even think about attempting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So my deal fell through the dealer just has to many hidden fees I found a 2018 left over closer to me 100k sticker for 78k just working my trade.i would be using this as my daily so I’m thinking are the 3 season tire ok for the winter or should I buy a different set

·
Registered
37 Posts
OP - in case you're interested, I switched out my P Zeros for Proxies ST iii so we could use the TH year round. On the street in the summer the loss in grip isn't much detectable. I'm sure it would be on the strip or track. I drove through a foot of snow yesterday and the grip was very good.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The 3-season tires won't work at all in the snow. Like you won't be able to move.

The all-season tires should be fine.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I guess I just don't understand why anyone would drive a TH in the snow, especially with salt or brine on the roadways. I wonder if this type of use across the platform could cause resale value to fall?

·
Banned
391 Posts
I guess I just don't understand why anyone would drive a TH in the snow, especially with salt or brine on the roadways.
Why not? I bought mine specifically for that.

While I may have to get better tires than the 4-seasons, and may go to narrower wheels and tires to make it better yet on snow and ice, it'll run circles around the Challenger no matter what.

Come dry roads in the spring, the Trackhawk will most likely get very little use once the Challenger is out of its hibernation. And then the cycle will repeat itself in the fall.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use mine in winter. Dont use salt here.
I do not understand why they do back there.
Can't "the people" get them too stop?

·
Banned
391 Posts
I use mine in winter. Dont use salt here.
I do not understand why they do back there.
Can't "the people" get them too stop?
I think it's a choice between making people know how to drive and spreading salt.

These days, when even headlights and wipers need to be automated, and with all kinds of other nannies (and people still can't always handle it) spreading salt is far easier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Chicago and love to drive in the snow. I was very impressed with the capability of it in even deeper snow. I would not hesitate to drive it in any amount of snow, that any other normal vehicle would drive in. Obviously pick-ups etc might be able to handle deeper amounts due to clearance but otherwise it is great.

I have the all season Pirelli's on now and even with 21,000 miles this winter has been fine for me.

Salt is another topic... I hate it but what can I do? I'm not going to park my TH just because of a little salt. It is not a garage queen even though I keep washed and cleaner than most cars on the road. No one gets a prize for having not driven their SUV's, they are not going to appreciate and the depreciation will not be considerably different after 3-4 years based on some road salt exposure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts