Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll start. Was “minding my own business “ when an orange Macleran came flying behind me on an open road in Mexico. I instigated a tiff and we had at it. Yeah he got me by 3 cars by the time it was all said and done but I stopped his pull and looked down at my speedo and holy smokes 😲 I didn’t know I had that much top end lol. Here it is and yeah I had more in it but my nuts shrunk lol. Btw I believe it was a 600lt spyder.
13D3D6D3-A5FC-409B-9E36-55AAA48416BC.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,383 Posts
lol you were only 3 cars behind a super car at 176? Id say thats a win for jeep and the hell cat motor. you raced a race car thats build for aerodynamics and speed in a soccer mom SUV lmao good stuff and yea i would of let out about 150, no where to do that speed around here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol you were only 3 cars behind a super car at 176? Id say thats a win for jeep and the hell cat motor. you raced a race car thats build for aerodynamics and speed in a soccer mom SUV lmao good stuff and yea i would of let out about 150, no where to do that speed around here.
That’s my thinking although he was ahead of me. Hell it was fun either way and both of us got our adrenaline fill for the day

·
Registered
48 Posts
A while back had my vette @175 at 4:00am on the way up north no one on the road, not going to do that in a Jeep. Just so happened just let of the gas and a few minutes later @120 my radar went ballistic and I knew he got me. I just pulled over and waited for him, finally saw the red flashing light in the trees in my rear view. Comes up to the car and it’s a female state trooper, was completely honest with her, said ‘I just got the engine broken in and I’m on my way up north to help my dad put the boat and wave runners in the water.’ She wrote me up for 5 over. Told my buddy the story, who also had a vette he got clocked at 170mph and the officer let him off. (But that’s another entire story)
Sorry for the long reply

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A while back had my vette @175 at 4:00am on the way up north no one on the road, not going to do that in a Jeep. Just so happened just let of the gas and a few minutes later @120 my radar went ballistic and I knew he got me. I just pulled over and waited for him, finally saw the red flashing light in the trees in my rear view. Comes up to the car and it’s a female state trooper, was completely honest with her, said ‘I just got the engine broken in and I’m on my way up north to help my dad put the boat and wave runners in the water.’ She wrote me up for 5 over. Told my buddy the story, who also had a vette he got clocked at 170mph and the officer let him off. (But that’s another entire story)
Sorry for the long reply

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had my C7Z to 172 and tbh my trackhawk seemed a bit more stable for some reason at 177. My Z had the stage 3 aero not sure if that played a role.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I do like the looks of the Camaro, not a fan of the new C8 Vette

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mario, Vanquish and QTH, Did you guys do any Suspension Upgrades, like the BWoody, etc ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mario, Vanquish and QTH, Did you guys do any Suspension Upgrades, like the BWoody, etc ?
No totally stock. But like you, in the past, I had "Vetts" too... The fastest I ever drove one of my Vetts was160... They had more too... It took me about a mile to hit 165 in the TH. My "guess" is the TH would top out near 175 but that would probably take at least another mile of road.

·
Registered
15 Posts
New record for me this morning. 168 when I started to run out of open/clear road.... Should have punched it sooner since it was still gaining mph pretty quick even at 168... Forgot to look at the RPM.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts