Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in my search I have come across 2018 Trackhawk that, as the title says, seems to good to be true. It is being listed on joydrivegroup.com as follows:

$64,900
11,908 miles
Suede/Nappa Performance Seats
Harman Kardon Audio
Tow Package
Velvet Red Pearlcoat

Anyone ever hear of this company? I want a good price obviously but this looks suspiciously good.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does it have a CarFax with some history. Not listed anymore.

·
Super Moderator
1,249 Posts
what ever you do do not buy the car without seeing it first and checking car fax. people are shady as **** it might be scratched up or been in a flood who knows just make sure you look at it and look at car fax.
I was ripped off 2 times buying cars with out seeing them the first one was not huge maybe 2K but still made me mad. the last one was close to 10K super pissed never again will I buy with out looking.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
Website says they only sell clean title cars but I'm not believing that for that low of a price

I also wouldn't buy a used car without seeing it in person first (especially a high HP one)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was able to see the CarFax and it looks good but I think I will pass on this one. The Trackhawk is in Seattle and I live in VA and that would be a hassle itself. I figure if I'm asking if it is too good to be true I already have my answer!

·
Registered
71 Posts
So, in my search I have come across 2018 Trackhawk that, as the title says, seems to good to be true. It is being listed on joydrivegroup.com as follows:

$64,900
11,908 miles
Suede/Nappa Performance Seats
Harman Kardon Audio
Tow Package
Velvet Red Pearlcoat

Anyone ever hear of this company? I want a good price obviously but this looks suspiciously good.
While searching for my Trackhawk I have noticed that at those prices it's either...

A. Car is from Canada.
B. Millage is high (40k+).
C. Been tuned and it's been sitting on the lot for long time because nobody wants it.
D. Visually has damage and they didn't disclose it on the listing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
While searching for my Trackhawk I have noticed that at those prices it's either...

A. Car is from Canada.
C. Been tuned and it's been sitting on the lot for long time because nobody wants it.
I’d bet for sure it’s from Canada. I searched for a while and came across a couple. I started calling Jeep directly with Vins. They’ll let you know. Plus any warranty issues, inservice date, etc.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
An easy way to tell its from canada is the speedometer will go to 180mph or 330kph and not 200mph. I kept trying to find out why i was seeing so many that didnt have a 200mph speedometer and that’s why.

Also, I dont believe that warranties transfer from Canada to US.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
I’d bet for sure it’s from Canada. I searched for a while and came across a couple. I started calling Jeep directly with Vins. They’ll let you know. Plus any warranty issues, inservice date, etc.
Do you call a 1-800 # for that info? Or your local dealer?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

A. Car is from Canada.
You are right, all that I have seen even close to this price point have had one of these issues. Baby that is what had me intrigued about this particular model.

According to the CarFax, it is from the US. Under 12,000 miles. Looks to be bone stock but I can't confirm and it looks flawless in the pictures.

I think if it was on a more well known site like AutoTrader or CarFax I would pull the trigger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They told me outright they will not cover warranties from cars that originated in Canada. Call the warranty claim 800# and tell them you have a vin that you want to know if there’s any warranty issues.
i dont think they can legally do that . cars come with 2 years international warranty . after the 2 years are up they could refuse warranty job. but not before

·
Registered
10 Posts
i dont think they can legally do that . cars come with 2 years international warranty . after the 2 years are up they could refuse warranty job. but not before
Literally said “Warranty does not transfer from Canada to US” and when I gave her multiple bins she looked them all up and told me inservice dates, any open recalls, where it originated and that they weren’t lemons. She said “this one originated in Canada so it would be an “as is” purchase in the US, this one one is good, etc.” Pretty helpful actually but of course I wasn’t trying to make a warranty claim, just gather info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Literally said “Warranty does not transfer from Canada to US” and when I gave her multiple bins she looked them all up and told me inservice dates, any open recalls, where it originated and that they weren’t lemons. She said “this one originated in Canada so it would be an “as is” purchase in the US, this one one is good, etc.” Pretty helpful actually but of course I wasn’t trying to make a warranty claim, just gather info.
Even if I could push the subject legally I didn’t think it was worth taking chances. I was told the same thing about Canada cars from BMW while looking for an M5. Mercedes declined to give info.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
That's exactly right....warranties for vehicles that were originally manufactured for/sold in Canada do NOT transfer to the US. At least for FCA.

I personally wouldn't want a used car that came from Canada. Outside of the warranty issue....I don't know what type of gas they use over there, how their service departments at dealerships work, if they use different types of oils, etc. Too many unknowns or variables

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's exactly right....warranties for vehicles that were originally manufactured for/sold in Canada do NOT transfer to the US. At least for FCA.

I personally wouldn't want a used car that came from Canada. Outside of the warranty issue....I don't know what type of gas they use over there, how their service departments at dealerships work, if they use different types of oils, etc. Too many unknowns or variables
I agree, if it was from Canada I wouldn't buy it. I did look though. I went down the rabbit hole of even researching how to buy one currently for sale in Canada. I found a few but after looking up the requirements to bring it stateside and the warranty issues it just wouldn't be worth it.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
I agree, if it was from Canada I wouldn't buy it. I did look though. I went down the rabbit hole of even researching how to buy one currently for sale in Canada. I found a few but after looking up the requirements to bring it stateside and the warranty issues it just wouldn't be worth it.
It actually looks like 2018 prices may be coming down a bit. Floating around mid 70k range with good mileage. Hopefully they dip into the 60s once the '21s start rolling out.

I would prefer a 19 due to the interior updates but I won't turn away a clean 18 with good mileage.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It actually looks like 2018 prices may be coming down a bit. Floating around mid 70k range with good mileage.
Those must be completely optioned out, right? Mid 70K is about what I was offered for my '20, with 2,200 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts