Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It actually looks like 2018 prices may be coming down a bit. Floating around mid 70k range with good mileage. Hopefully they dip into the 60s once the '21s start rolling out.

I would prefer a 19 due to the interior updates but I won't turn away a clean 18 with good mileage.
I am hoping the prices drop as well. However, I am concerned a bit that prices may not move too much since there won't be a Trackhawk for the new model any time soon.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
Those must be completely optioned out, right? Mid 70K is about what I was offered for my '20, with 2,200 miles on it.
Offered from where?? A '20 with that low of mileage should definitely fetch mid 80K range and above but the market is fickle right now for sure. There are '18s with 20k miles listed for 80k but of course they are sitting and will continue to sit....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Offered from where?? A '20 with that low of mileage should definitely fetch mid 80K range and above but the market is fickle right now for sure. There are '18s with 20k miles listed for 80k but of course they are sitting and will continue to sit....
I was just about to say the same thing! You might find one mid 70s with 45k miles, next one will be the same price but with 14k miles. The options are all over the place too.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
I am hoping the prices drop as well. However, I am concerned a bit that prices may not move too much since there won't be a Trackhawk for the new model any time soon.
Speaking to 2018 model year specifically....I think they will hit mid 60s before the end of the year. I have been watching prices very closely. There were almost 7,000 made compared to less than 2,000 for '19 and '20 MY (each).

And now that we're in 2021 you will start to see a lot of 3 year leases being returned to dealers. FCA deciding to do a 2021 trackhawk bodes well for 2018 used values.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Speaking to 2018 model year specifically....I think they will hit mid 60s before the end of the year. I have been watching prices very closely. There were almost 7,000 made compared to less than 2,000 for '19 and '20 MY.

And now that we're in 2021 you will start to see a lot of 3 year leases being returned to dealers. FCA deciding to do a 2021 trackhawk bodes well for 2018 used values.
I hope those prices drop as you say. I'm giving myself until May to search and search. I need my Trackhawk!

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
I hope those prices drop as you say. I'm giving myself until May to search and search. I need my Trackhawk!
Definitely stay patient and be willing to travel to get it. Good luck on your hunt!

Another thing that helps is if you don't care about color. I personally don't as I plan on having mine vinyl wrapped as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Definitely stay patient and be willing to travel to get it. Good luck on your hunt!

Another thing that helps is if you don't care about color. I personally don't as I plan on having mine vinyl wrapped as soon as I get it.
Good luck to you as well!

For me I want a black one preferably but for the right price I have been looking at other colors. Do you know if the wrapping process is time consuming? Maybe a few days turnaround?

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
Good luck to you as well!

For me I want a black one preferably but for the right price I have been looking at other colors. Do you know if the wrapping process is time consuming? Maybe a few days turnaround?
I actually had my scat pack fully wrapped back in 2016. Stock color was bright white and I had it wrapped gloss orange with black accents.
It depends on how busy the shop is. But a full wrap can be done in less than a week.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I actually had my scat pack fully wrapped back in 2016. Stock color was bright white and I had it wrapped gloss orange with black accents.
It depends on how busy the shop is. But a full wrap can be done in less than a week.

View attachment 8778
Oh that came out damn nice! Will definitely take that into consideration depending on what color I get.

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts

View attachment 8778
That is just bad ass. I just painted a old Chevy I have and I wanted to do hugger orange so bad but I had already did the interior and couldnt see paying for interior again. But soon as the TH get old to me maybe a wrap in orange will make me happy? What color orange is that called?

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
That is just bad ass. I just painted a old Chevy I have and I wanted to do hugger orange so bad but I had already did the interior and couldnt see paying for interior again. But soon as the TH get old to me maybe a wrap in orange will make me happy? What color orange is that called?
Thanks man! It’s called 3M Gloss Burnt Orange. I originally got it to stand out and be different but of course Dodge reintroduced GoMango for the 2016 model year right after my wrap was done, lol

Here’s some pics of an SRT that can give you some idea of what your hawk may look like wrapped.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
Would mind sharing the cost of the wrap on both cars?
The jeep isn’t mine so i cant comment on that....but a full wrap will typically cost you around $3-5k depending on the shop. Door jambs are extra usually so that will be on the higher end

·
Registered
260 Posts
It was GiveMetheVIN that had the high bid. They started at 74K but went up to 76K, and I was very close to selling for that. And then it has 1,800 miles on it. It's a lightly optioned car, so MSRP was nowhere near 100K.

I'm still undecided about selling, but if I do, I'd rather it go to a good home than an auction company.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's exactly right....warranties for vehicles that were originally manufactured for/sold in Canada do NOT transfer to the US. At least for FCA.

I personally wouldn't want a used car that came from Canada. Outside of the warranty issue....I don't know what type of gas they use over there, how their service departments at dealerships work, if they use different types of oils, etc. Too many unknowns or variables
...because were all criminals up here, right? LOL. We are from another planet. :rolleyes:
Last I checked we share the same continent. Service departments operate in the same way. They want to make money off of us.

Seriously....we probably have better fuel up here. Most of us with these types of vehicles run 94 octane. We use the same synthetic oil brands/filters as well.

But yes...the warranties do not transfer as one of my friends found out when he bought a US car and brought it up north.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Trackhawks will keep their value around 70k+ with low millage (30k) or below, for another year or so. The only 60k or lower Trackhawk you will find is with high millage or tuned. Its because not a lot of Trackhawk were made and especially since now when new body of Grand Cherokee is revealed, not knowing when new body Trackhawks will be release, if any at all.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
Trackhawks will keep their value around 70k+ with low millage (30k) or below, for another year or so. The only 60k or lower Trackhawk you will find is with high millage or tuned. Its because not a lot of Trackhawk were made and especially since now when new body of Grand Cherokee is revealed, not knowing when new body Trackhawks will be release, if any at all.
You’re thinking most will dip to 60s in 2022? That’s what im counting on....so hopefullly

·
Registered
573 Posts
I still doubt that there will be a TH (as we know it) on the new platform. They may use the name, but I can 99.9% guarantee that it won't be with the Hellcat engine. Probably a twin turbo V6...or (gasp!) a hybrid thingy. Powerful as it may be, I won't be buying one.

TH 1.0 forever!

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
55 Posts
Rumor has it there will be some sort of TH for 2023 MY. I just cant see 2021 being the last year for hellcat engines but i could be wrong

I know laws and regulations are changing but they make FCA way way too much money

21 - 40 of 60 Posts