Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first post here :) I'm expecting to pick up my new Trackhawk next week - replacing an elderly GC Hemi 5.7 I've had for over 10 years. That's the good news...

The bad news is in the UK Mopar have not made the tow pack available and the dealer tells me the tow bar/hitch isn't even shown on their options/parts list. I also know my Jeep will not have the wiring for the tow bar pre-installed. So it looks like I have to buy and import this from the US - not a problem as I have a couple of Indian motorcycles and I have to get most of the parts for them in the US. But what I don't know (and nor does the dealer) is the actual parts and part numbers I need (as above, this one isn't pre-wired).

Second, does any know (or even work for!) a Jeep dealer who'd be happy to engage with me and get the parts shipped over? I've emailed one already (I'm in the US in August and it was near where I'll be) but they haven't replied...which isn't encouraging.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I thought that the tow bar was the same part number as the SRT? Which if that is the case you can just order the SRT one locally here at a Jeep dealer in the UK.

Wiring will require parts ordering. Mine was early 2018 production and came with.
Check the aussies, they may have part numbers and you could also potentialy avoid any RHD and amber light issues that may arise.

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
Make sure its the same part. I just ordered a bumper hitch cover with SRT logo on it and it was not even close to fitting . The dealer even said it would fit but nope I have to send it back.
So I am assuming the bumper cover dont fit the hitch wont either. Make sure cuz shipping back and forth will suck.
what trailer brake are you gonna use? I just started looking for one. Mopar dont offer one for TH according to two dealers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Red Arc makes the best brake controller IMHO. Super stealthy install and more control than most.

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK - back again. I now have the TrackHawk and with 500 miles on it the Launch Control is enabled - managed 3.3 to 60 on the first attempt so quite pleased.

Back to the tow-bar query though. I've tried a couple of dealers in the UK and both claim there is no tow-bar listed or available for the TrackHawk...but you guys get them?

Can anyone suggest a friendly US dealer that will be happy to discuss this with me and send the kit over? I get a lot of bike parts from the US so it shouldn't be a problem, but so far my emails to random US dealers are getting no response. Ideally one in/near south LA as I'm there in a few weeks, but anywhere that is happy to ship overseas really.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that - but what I really need (and can't get in the UK) is the bar itself that bolts to the chassis that this part goes into. But thanks for the pointing me to the site, I've had a trawl around and it looks like what I'm after is listed as a 'hitch receiver'; I'll get in touch and check compatibility with them :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get to the bottom of this, If there is no way of getting a towbar fitted , i will have to keep my current tow vehicle ?
QUOTE="tvrolet, post: 58930, member: 6748"]
Thanks for that - but what I really need (and can't get in the UK) is the bar itself that bolts to the chassis that this part goes into. But thanks for the pointing me to the site, I've had a trawl around and it looks like what I'm after is listed as a 'hitch receiver'; I'll get in touch and check compatibility with them :)
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Part #82212180AD is the trailer hitch that bolts to frame, have to remove rear bumper cover, remove old bumper bar and bolt in new receiver hitch. But if you don't have the pre wired connector under plastic rear skid plate I've been told by dealer's that the trailer wiring kit that has to be installed from rear all the way to PDC by engine bay cannot be updated with scan tool to make it work, many people have spent lots of money having this done and all the have is trailer hitch with no way for trailer lights and braking control. After I added this to my Jeep which was pre wired had to take to dealer to have sales code installed with scan tool to activate. Mine works fine now. And you have to buy #56055632AC 7 way if you had wiring harness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts