Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while I like to search for stuff for the TH and found this item out on modern muscle xtreme.

According to the listing -
In supercharged applications, combustion pressures invariably find their way into the crank case, and this pressure contributes to pumping losses, elevated oil temps, and premature failure of engine seals. The breather serves as a high-flow vent to allow any pressure that builds to easily vent into the atmosphere.

Would this provide any benefit?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Exactly what lil Hemi said. The breather will help a small amount its a preference thing. However on all my hemis or forced induction cars a catch can is mandatory. It physically shows you what gunk would be going down your inlet via pcv system. It just creates a dead space for that gunk to stop and not get into your inlet. I have a valve cover breather the one posted above i just like the look of it instead of a boring old oil neck and cap.

·
Super Moderator
2,515 Posts
So, one thing I don’t know for sure is why you put a catch can on the passenger side only. The fittings look the same on both sides so I don’t know why you put a catch can on one side and a breather on the drivers side. Talked to billet technology and they said practically nothing comes out of the drivers side. Btw, putting a breather on it will make you fail inspection if they look under the hood (pretty sure) because it goes to atmosphere instead of being burned up in the engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lil hemi i had the DUAL CATCH CAN on my hellcat so it was one for each side. The drivers side not 1 drop passengers always had crap in it. They never gave me grief over catch cans, intakes or the breather i had on a few of my hemis. Besides they can all be removed in like 10 minutes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts