Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Borla Exhaust is using my Trackhawk to develop a 3" cat back with true dual quad tip mufflers they installed the SRT 2.75" system a few weeks back for test fit and yesterday they started to build the Trackhawk Exhaust system so far they told me they are going to work with 3" pipe with 2 resonators befor the X pipe and Atak / S type muffler ? with dual exits and 4" - 4.5" dual tips on each one. Tips may be black chrome , ceramic black , or Carbon Fiber option. I will post updates as they will have my Trackhawk for the next 3 weeks. Any comments you would like to see on a TH system post up I can relay to Borla.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, any updates???

Yes sorry not on here to much but my 3" S Type is complete with Carbon Fiber tips. They told me early November release.

Attachments

Reactions: WA 2 FST

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes sorry not on here to much but my 3" S Type is complete with Carbon Fiber tips. They told me early November release.
looks great - would love a few sound clips when you can and would love to hear how you like it. Borla did a great job on my 2012 SRT with no drone so hopefully they deliver on that for the 2018's as well. How's the sound from inside the cabin?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Borla Exhaust is using my Trackhawk to develop a 3" cat back with true dual quad tip mufflers they installed the SRT 2.75" system a few weeks back for test fit and yesterday they started to build the Trackhawk Exhaust system so far they told me they are going to work with 3" pipe with 2 resonators befor the X pipe and Atak / S type muffler ? with dual exits
and 4" - 4.5" dual tips on each one. Tips may be black chrome , ceramic black , or Carbon Fiber option. I will post updates as they will have my Trackhawk for the next 3 weeks. Any comments you would like to see on a TH system post up I can relay to Borla.

How does it sound , will my neighbors be ok with it lol 😂

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks great - would love a few sound clips when you can and would love to hear how you like it. Borla did a great job on my 2012 SRT with no drone so hopefully they deliver on that for the 2018's as well. How's the sound from inside the cabin?
I don't have any vids to post but the Atak is louder in cab and higher tone raspy.
I went with the S Type in cab noise is like stock but outside deep tone what I was looking for.

How does it sound , will my neighbors be ok with it lol 😂
Neighbors can live with SType but may not like the Atak

Can you post some pics of the x pipe area ? I would like to see the layout.
Here are a few pics some are prototypes but same concept.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
You are not going to see any significant gains from a cat-back. Mostly for sound preferences and weight reduction. Adding headers with hi flow cats is where you will see more gains.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Yes. Any major power producing modification will likely void your powertrain warranty. It’s a real Sophie’s choice. More power or warranty? It’s a short warranty though......

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yes. Any major power producing modification will likely void your powertrain warranty. It’s a real Sophie’s choice. More power or warranty? It’s a short warranty though......
Not mine. 8/75k. I’d think that something like headers, which is really just helping the engine breathe better, shouldn’t void a warranty. Strange, I don’t get it.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Basically, you can do an intake and cat back exhaust. Other than that, you can do visual mods, rims and tires. Even lowering it can be grounds to void the warranty.

You’re probably going to be upset when you read page 32 of the SRT drive mode supplement manual.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Basically, you can do an intake and cat back exhaust. Other than that, you can do visual mods, rims and tires. Even lowering it can be grounds to void the warranty.

You’re probably going to be upset when you read page 32 of the SRT drive mode supplement manual.
I haven’t done squat yet. Tinted windows for me, that’s it. I dream of the day they release a Demon Trackhawk, that would be my upgrade. I wonder if they’ve kicked that idea around yet...

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just saying, you can NEVER track your vehicle and retain the warranty, according to page 32.
That doesn’t make any sense at all. I highly doubt if push came to shove, that that clause would hold up if tested in a court of law. So the autobahn in Germany at 180 - no problem, but Road America at 180 voids the warranty. That’s a joke. A judge would probably poke all sorts of holes in that. Not that I’m testing it. And I don’t see how they’d even know if you did track it. Yes, they could see the SUV was pushed hard in the computer, but that could be done on a highway too, it doesn’t need to be a track.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
The same way they know where you are when you press the emergency button. GPS. NISSAN GTR knows when it’s at a track (at least it did on an episode of top gear). There’s a reason there aren’t more high HO, hi performance vehicles out there from the factory. Everyone “wants” to own a race car but in reality, they’re always breaking, terribly uncomfortable and giant money pits that require constant attention and tweaking.
This was the appeal of the TH to me, pretty awesome, totally stock. Great drivability and comfort, even with the performance. Personally, I just like to tweak my vehicles. I’m trying hard not to on this one yet, being that it’s a brand new powertrain. It seems like it will be pretty easy and cheap to crack 1k bhp on this, maybe even put that to the wheels.

·
Registered
695 Posts
They knew because of the tv episode. Does the computer store every exact location the vehicle has ever been? And can it also diagnose what broke on it and where it was when that happened? I doubt it. These FCA techs can’t even figure out what’s wrong with half of these issues that we’re seeing.

I think FCA would have a very difficult time denying a warranty claim on a totally stock vehicle that broke something at a track without witnessing it being there or seeing video footage of it online. “I pushed it hard on the highway. Yes, the computer shows I was going 130 mph, so call the cops on me if you’d like, but you’re warranting this repair!” That would be the conversation I have with them, and then it would be followed by my attorney after that if needed. I think there’s a legal argument in there somewhere, where you can’t sell someone a vehicle that can go 180 mph, and then use it for that purpose and not honor the warranty on it. They would lose that battle in court. That’s actually quite comical it’s so ridiculous.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Interesting design inside the tips. Would imagine it turns all black pretty quick though?

Run Borla ATAK on my 17 SRT and it is crazy loud. Love it. Would consider the S for my TH to keep some of the sleeper aspect.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts