Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some insight here as I’ve been a Chevy owner my entire life, but the wife’s Trackhawk needs some love.

38,000 reasonably driven miles and we bought it new. Local dealer said we needed to
“turn the rotors” and replace pads. I ordered HHP pads but didn’t do anything with the rotors. It’s my thought process that you can’t turn or resurface 2-piece rotors??

Well the new pads on the old rotors are like nails on a chalkboard. Squeak squeak squeak so I called around and stock rotors are not available. Trying to run down black aftermarket rotors and not having luck so willing to settle for aluminum finish.

Basically if you read down this far, I just need to find a set of rotors or get the secret stuff to make these pads stop squeaking. The steering wheel doesn’t shake yet when applying brakes so maybe I’m just missing something here.
Thanks in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
2,432 Posts
Looking for some insight here as I’ve been a Chevy owner my entire life, but the wife’s Trackhawk needs some love.

38,000 reasonably driven miles and we bought it new. Local dealer said we needed to
“turn the rotors” and replace pads. I ordered HHP pads but didn’t do anything with the rotors. It’s my thought process that you can’t turn or resurface 2-piece rotors??

Well the new pads on the old rotors are like nails on a chalkboard. Squeak squeak squeak so I called around and stock rotors are not available. Trying to run down black aftermarket rotors and not having luck so willing to settle for aluminum finish.

Basically if you read down this far, I just need to find a set of rotors or get the secret stuff to make these pads stop squeaking. The steering wheel doesn’t shake yet when applying brakes so maybe I’m just missing something here.
Thanks in advance!!
It’s not the 2 piece that you can’t turn, it’s the fact that they’re slotted. You wouldn’t want to make your slots shallower, it would defeat the purpose.

Your choice of pads is likely the reason for the noise.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have you checked into our 2 piece system and pads? They're made for us specifically by Girodisc. Probably sold 300 sets or more to date for the TH/Durango HC apps.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fronts are $1549, rears are $1129, front pads are $550, rear pads are $150. Currently in stock ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I really like the Demon Performance set up. No issues and they work for me with my Autobahn speed and stopping over here in Germany.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Go to the Demon Performance fb page and message them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts