Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
It might not help your times, but if you're continually launching hard it would be good insurance against failure as Lil Hemi suggested. Some diff braces impact exhaust choices as well.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
348 Posts
Most likely yes. The diff brace basically limits the movement if the diff. That is why most of us get better 0-60 times when we load up the driveline brake boosting. It takes any slack out of all components, anything with bushings will be tensioned and will want to come back to original position, so it kind of works as a rubber band which can be good and bad. Good- brings the awesome 0-60 times. Bad- brings rear wheel hopping due to the rotational movement of the diff. The diff brace will limit it’s movement so its not bouncing around within the stock bushings limits, which are always soft to offer comfort.

·
Registered
293 Posts
What about the front??

·
Registered
293 Posts
Exact same as the rear. Only front is more important to do when going in to the higher hp numbers because of rear bias power distribution
Same brace?

·
Registered
293 Posts
This the preferred one or are they less expensive ones as good?

DIRS-J for Jeep SRT/Trackhawk and Durango SRT/Hellcat (2015 & newer)

·
Registered
86 Posts
There is some dude on YouTube who installed a diff brace on his TH and, while installing the brace, noticed his differential had shifted (presumably from launches/dig runs). Preventing the differential from shifting is worth the cost of the brace, in my opinion.

·
Registered
293 Posts
What's consensus on which brand to go with?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have been contemplating a diff brace and found 3 options per4mance, BWoody and TBA. I am curious if anyone has installed the TBA one.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts