·
Registered
293 Posts
I bought the per4mance DIRS-J.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
88 Posts
Hello, I have a untuned stock Trackhawk with aftermarket exhaust, cold air intake and lowering springs. Would this product be helpful and worth it? https://tbamachine.com/product/trackhawk-diff-brace/
The upgrade is no harm to anything...your suspension i strongly recommend you go with a B-woody suspension support...a lower TH only puts more pressure launch & A little cornering....the mods are good & safe!

·
Registered
293 Posts
This arrived today
Plant Wood Gas Art Flooring

Reactions: Vanquishglory

·
Registered
293 Posts
View attachment 10061

the per4mance brace is a super easy install. I used blue loctite on every bolt and torqued them all to the specs in the instructions. None of the bolts have come loose after 700 miles
Thanks.. Did you put anything up front?

·
Registered
293 Posts
not yet, will probably install a bwoody one once I crawl under the car to see what model of mount I need.
I read about the one or two hole mount on diff. Is that what you're talking about?

Is he the only one making a front.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would be really interested to see some real data on the front diff brace from Bwoody. Looking at the install instructions it seems as if you just mount it back to the same bolt the diff is already mounted to. So how does drilling two holes in your diff casing and mounting it to the same hole it is already bolted to stiffen it any? Not an expert here though. The rear diff brace makes sense as you are added in new mounting points. There are a lot of TH's in the 9s without a front diff brace, myself included.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I would be really interested to see some real data on the front diff brace from Bwoody. Looking at the install instructions it seems as if you just mount it back to the same bolt the diff is already mounted to. So how does drilling two holes in your diff casing and mounting it to the same hole it is already bolted to stiffen it any? Not an expert here though. The rear diff brace makes sense as you are added in new mounting points. There are a lot of TH's in the 9s without a front diff brace, myself included.
It just gives stability thats all. Makes it a bit more solid because more mounting point hold it. Most of the power goes to the rear anyways.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It just gives stability thats all. Makes it a bit more solid because more mounting point hold it. Most of the power goes to the rear anyways.
Maybe. Seems though if it was that important more companies would be making them. Also, when I see something like that I always try and apply simple logic to make it make sense. To me it is like standing on one foot (the mounting point). Just because you put your other foot (another bracket bolted to the same spot) on top of your foot you are standing on doesnt mean you are more stable. Since the front diff brace still remounts back to the same exact bolt hole, and it doesnt even remove or replace that bushing for a solid or harder bushing, I can't imagine it helps much. Not enough for me to justify the cost and drilling into my transfer case.
That launch on something with over a 1000 to the wheels is a heck of a hit to the drivetrain and suspension. Those ribs on the transfer case weren't really meant for that load transfer that is now being ask of it. Even the 30/70 split is still a big chunk of power.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have been contemplating a diff brace and found 3 options per4mance, BWoody and TBA. I am curious if anyone has installed the TBA one.
I have the BWOODY no issues with it. I have all their upgrades to our platform and they are all excellent. Their customer service is second to none and great people.... plus ask for T'shirts and Stickers and they will send you it all as a gift for the purchase. They would get my business over and over. all these components work the same and do the same job. Just a matter of what look you want that separates the pack.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
350 Posts
Maybe. Seems though if it was that important more companies would be making them. Also, when I see something like that I always try and apply simple logic to make it make sense. To me it is like standing on one foot (the mounting point). Just because you put your other foot (another bracket bolted to the same spot) on top of your foot you are standing on doesnt mean you are more stable. Since the front diff brace still remounts back to the same exact bolt hole, and it doesnt even remove or replace that bushing for a solid or harder bushing, I can't imagine it helps much. Not enough for me to justify the cost and drilling into my transfer case.
That launch on something with over a 1000 to the wheels is a heck of a hit to the drivetrain and suspension. Those ribs on the transfer case weren't really meant for that load transfer that is now being ask of it. Even the 30/70 split is still a big chunk of power.
I agree and disagree. The brace is not created for stability, it is exactly that, “a brace”. The point of it is to brace and add extra structual strength to the diff case. You made the perfect point talking about standing on a point with one foot than putting the other down also. It does not increase stability but it decreases load/pressure on the one foot. It seems the hellcats platforms are ripping diff apart, so either changing the diff case or bracing it is the only way to go to transferring the tension load to the brace also

·
Registered
406 Posts
I agree and disagree. The brace is not created for stability, it is exactly that, “a brace”. The point of it is to brace and add extra structual strength to the diff case. You made the perfect point talking about standing on a point with one foot than putting the other down also. It does not increase stability but it decreases load/pressure on the one foot. It seems the hellcats platforms are ripping diff apart, so either changing the diff case or bracing it is the only way to go to transferring the tension load to the brace also
Agree. However, hard to say "Brace" for the front, if it's mounted to the same main bolt. The only thing is its mounted with 2 extra bolts to the transmissions. I do wonder, but that's just me, is drilling 2 extra holes make the case weak, probably not but I wonder. <- this comment only applies for the once you have to drill the holes, not the once you have to tap and make threads.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I ended up going with the TBA brace. Drove 300 miles and no negative effects detected. I thought a one-piece design would provide better strength, longevity and lack of any long-term wear on any bushings. It also reduces the interference with future exhaust modifications.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts