Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So decided to push it a little on the highway switched it to track mode and I hit about 150mph and my check engine light came on. I came to the stoplight and when it came time to go it wouldn’t move . Tried switching from park to reverse to drive and nothing! Loud noise and vibration when changing to drive, reverse and car doesn’t move even if I give it gas. Had to call a tow and I’m waiting now. I just got my car last week and only has 470 miles on it. I’m so pissed!!! Have no idea what it is.

·
Registered
187 Posts
So decided to push it a little on the highway switched it to track mode and I hit about 150mph and my check engine light came on. I came to the stoplight and when it came time to go it wouldn’t move . Tried switching from park to reverse to drive and nothing! Loud noise and vibration when changing to drive, reverse and car doesn’t move even if I give it gas. Had to call a tow and I’m waiting now. I just got my car last week and only has 470 miles on it. I’m so pissed!!! Have no idea what it is.

I have no clue other than maybe the gear selector at the trans may have malfunctioned and not properly engaging. Don't fret too much though, warranty will cover it, whatever it is.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Thanks, they are checking on it now, will keep you posted
super curious what happened. please update us when you hear.
no noise no nothing just dont work is weird but makes me think its something super easy like a plug came un-plugged or something silly. I hope so at least.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sure sounds like something with the transmission or transfer case to me. Hopefully something minor like an electrical connection or software anomaly/error. I've never topped mine out but I've seen 150+ more than once and no issues. Smooth, stable and plenty to go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So they said it’s the valve body, it’s an electrical part (brain) of the transmission. I looked on YouTube and there are some tutorials, Doesn’t seem that complicated to fix they just pull the pan from underneath the trans and it should be right inside. Only thing that bothers me is 470miles on the car I just picked it up last week so this soon having issues is kind of upsetting. I think this May be a common issue with a lot of jeeps though.

Just wanted to inform you guys I’ll let you know when I get it back how it runs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes your right, thanks!! Can’t wait to get it back they gave me a wrangler which actually I’m enjoying I removed roof and windows 😁 enjoying the breeze this weekend in New York haha

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think it sounds like it will turn out OK. I too, had a significant failure with very low miles. Better now than without the warranty and at least they gave you a loner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So they don’t want to replace just the valve body they want to replace the whole transmission 🏻 I’m so pissed I told them take it back and give me another one now I’m waiting on a response

·
Registered
187 Posts
So they don’t want to replace just the valve body they want to replace the whole transmission 🏻 I’m so pissed I told them take it back and give me another one now I’m waiting on a response

I believe you have every right to give it back if it really bothers you that the trans is getting replaced. If you can live with this, it may be better to negotiate the purchase of the TH because now of the issue and fix. Maybe they can knock another $5k off the sale? Just a suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
curious why you are upset they are swapping the trans? to me it would be better then just swapping the part they think it is. what if that lil part caused other issues and you have to go back again? To me a whole new trans seems better but I dont know and why I ask what makes you so upset?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I understand they are giving me a whole new transmission but I’m upset because I just bought a new car and I don’t think a $100,000 vehicle should need a trans swap within a week. I bought it not a lease so I’m upset because this is mine to keep and That’s not right I should be getting another one but I guess it’s not that easy for them and I just have bad luck .

·
Registered
21 Posts
You would think they would have better quality control since the 8HP95 is used on the Rolls Royce. Changing the transmission would not bother me other than it is a major inconvenience for you as the new owner but certainly appreciate your frustration

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Yeah, it’s going to happen, just sucks a bunch when ur the guy that it happens to. At least it doesn’t sound like FCA is trying any shenanigans and that’s all you can really ask for.

I think the QC group needs retraining though. Way too many simple issues with these things. My 14 limited was flawless from the factory, these should be too.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Look at it this way, depending on how those solenoids failed, it could have also roasted a few clutches.

Replacing the entire unit is the best case scenario. Sucks for sure, but hopefully they get it done quick

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
411 Posts
I agree with ThawkMike and others... getting a new trans is not a big deal, as long as they get it done _very quickly_. It should be back to you, all buttoned up in no more than a week's time. Removal and reinstall is a one day job. Shipping a brand new trans may take a couple of days.

The transmissions, with everything else left stock, are tough and have a very low failure rate, so your new one should be good and you can enjoy your new vehicle in no time, for a long time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts