Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Just met with tuner again to go over more details. I am curious as to which triple pump company and size/model pumps you all run on your set ups???? I know there is a large selection out there just trying to see what other th owners feel with the e 85 pump set ups??? Thank you fore innovations seems to be main one?? Any advice

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone know what pumps they are running tuner said auto ti fs90000650 something like 375 LPH. ANY advice or experience with pumps

·
Registered
23 Posts
FORE.

I opted for Hellcat pumps in my kit after I got it and had it for about a year. 525's I believe but FORE doesn't recommenced doing that im told but I have zero issues.

Make sure u change ur pumps around cause ur not using the 3rd pump very often so they should be rotated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FORE.

I opted for Hellcat pumps in my kit after I got it and had it for about a year. 525's I believe but FORE doesn't recommenced doing that im told but I have zero issues.

Make sure u change ur pumps around cause ur not using the 3rd pump very often so they should be rotated.
Thank you that makes sense. How much power do you have with those pumps?

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
FORE.

Rotate the pumps? Are you serious?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yea bro been racing cars for 30 years now. I always rotate my pumps considering two pumps run all the time and the 3rd doesnt. One rarely sees any voltage and the other two see a ton!

Its been done on ALL my race cars with a FORE triple for years now and its done on all of my buddies race cars and they are all 7 second cars.

Rotate the pumps? Are you serious?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea bro been racing cars for 30 years now. I always rotate my pumps considering two pumps run all the time and the 3rd doesnt. One rarely sees any voltage and the other two see a ton!

Its been done on ALL my race cars with a FORE triple for years now and its done on all of my buddies race cars and they are all 7 second cars.
Thank you sounds like a good thing to look into and be aware about. I never heard about that so I figured maybe not really a thing but I’ll ask tuner and all the other forums out there see what they say. Obviously it works well for you and your buddies and it sounds like you have a lot of experience. What you explain makes sense but Sometimes hypothetically is not realistic As in does anyone experience failures when not switching the pumps? I have not heard of this and I’m popping around on all different forums all the time Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts

How often to you pull off the exahaust and driveshaft and drop the fuel tank in order to do this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ive only had them a couple months so I havnt rotated them in my TrackHawk yet. Yea, I know its more drama than other cars like my Mustang but I rotate them on my Mustang every 6 months but they are simple and take 20 minutes. A couple hours in the garage every 6 months isnt too bad bro for a TH.

And if u have dual setup vs. a triple set up its the same. The first pump runs all the time and the second doesnt so those should be rotated as well.

Ive had fuel pump failures under WOT and its the 3rd pump that seems to give me issues. Im not sure why cause it doesnt get used as often but maybe thats why it fails IDN but I rotate them at least twice a year and did the same with my Turbo Buick.

I also upgrade my Alky pump every single year cause they dont last very long. Even with the insulated sleeve ALKY control sells.

Im sure there are plenty of ppl that dont rotate and have zero issues but that hasnt been my experience and with a $100k truck id rather be safe then sorry.

How often to you pull off the exahaust and driveshaft and drop the fuel tank in order to do this?

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
I blew my stock motor after my secondary pump threw a code at 160mph and wot, so I can understand your logic. I got the Fore triple pump so I’d never have to worry again. 🤞🏼 If you’re full on racing it, then you’re probably giving good advice but it seems like a lot of effort if you’re not being competitive on the track with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yea, I would agree with that it might be too much effort for the average guy not pushing it. I guess after melting a $20k motor a few years back im a little weary and I destroyed it and windowed the block and data logs showed low fuel pressure at 28 lbs smh.

My buddy was like you shudda lifted jackass!!!! Im like bro it happened in like 1000/th of a second there is no lifting at WOT when u detonate the damage is done!

I actually had the same thing happen to my stage motor in my Buick but that was due to an alky pump failure smh. But we have to use Alky as Fuel otherwise that little V6 wont make any power. I have it on my TH as well but not being used as fuel. I did install an AEM fail safe gauge at a later date so that solved the Alky pump failure issue.

Maybe I just have bad luck but ur right its probably not for everyone to rotate their pumps.

I blew my stock motor after my secondary pump threw a code at 160mph and wot, so I can understand your logic. I got the Fore triple pump so I’d never have to worry again. 🤞🏼 If you’re full on racing it, then you’re probably giving good advice but it seems like a lot of effort if you’re not being competitive on the track with it.

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
Yea, I would agree with that it might be too much effort for the average guy not pushing it. I guess after melting a $20k motor a few years back im a little weary and I destroyed it and windowed the block and data logs showed low fuel pressure at 28 lbs smh.

My buddy was like you shudda lifted jackass!!!! Im like bro it happened in like 1000/th of a second there is no lifting at WOT when u detonate the damage is done!

I actually had the same thing happen to my stage motor in my Buick but that was due to an alky pump failure smh. But we have to use Alky as Fuel otherwise that little V6 wont make any power. I have it on my TH as well but not being used as fuel. I did install an AEM fail safe gauge at a later date so that solved the Alky pump failure issue.

Maybe I just have bad luck but ur right its probably not for everyone to rotate their pumps.
It only takes one blown motor to make you very cautious. Lol. At least I got a built 426 out of the deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow nice! Im jealous. Maybe over the winter. What do u notice most compared to the stock motor. Im guessing u must add like 60-70 whp with that alone no? What exactly did u have done if u dont mind sharing?

Cause I know the Hellaphant doesnt really have all that great of internals and many have upgraded just wondering what parts u selected thanx

QUOTE="Lil Hemi, post: 79936, member: 4705"]
It only takes one blown motor to make you very cautious. Lol. At least I got a built 426 out of the deal.
[/QUOTE]

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
Wow nice! Im jealous. Maybe over the winter. What do u notice most compared to the stock motor. Im guessing u must add like 60-70 whp with that alone no? What exactly did u have done if u dont mind sharing?

Cause I know the Hellaphant doesnt really have all that great of internals and many have upgraded just wondering what parts u selected thanx

QUOTE="Lil Hemi, post: 79936, member: 4705"]
[/QUOTE]
Well, I had the Livernois S1025 package on it when it blew, so it was already dialed up when it popped. Once the motor went, I turned it over to the professionals n then went overboard. Search Lil Hemi build, if you need actual build specs, I’d have to look. All forged Manley rotating assembly, ported heads, endless money pit, etc lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts