Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Team,

For the past few weeks, every time that I feel up with gas (E85) the pump shuts of after a few seconds. Has anyone had a similar issue? Resolved?

Yes, I've tried to flip the fill nozzle upside down - same issue

Thank you,

Brian

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello Team,

For the past few weeks, every time that I feel up with gas (E85) the pump shuts of after a few seconds. Has anyone had a similar issue? Resolved?

Yes, I've tried to flip the fill nozzle upside down - same issue

Thank you,

Brian
I have this issue all the time. I'm really not sure if it is vapor locked or just poor nozzle position. If I turn the nozzle up side down it will stop doing it. It is extremely frustrating when you wan to go in while it fills up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have this issue all the time. I'm really not sure if it is vapor locked or just poor nozzle position. If I turn the nozzle up side down it will stop doing it. It is extremely frustrating when you wan to go in while it fills up.
Upside down doesn't work for me...very frustrating.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
215 Posts
Have heard many complain about it, it has a lot to do with pump nozzle, got to where I stopped going to station by my house. I did wear a hole in EVAP plastic line left rear foward wheel well. Plastic line were between inner liner and metal fill tube, should have been behind filler tube part # 68250911AK, needs a lot of black plastic pop rivets. Some have had dealers replace fill line, my dealer never heard of it BS. So I replaced it had, to get rid of EVAP code paid $53.00 for it and comes with plastic line. Just filled up at station today by my house had no problem because other station was working on all pumps. Somewhere I posted pictures of the whole deal.

·
Registered
358 Posts
sometimes squeezing the gas gun slightly less then all the way will keep it going without it cutting out. I get that a lot when filling with 93 octane.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It takes me 10 minutes to fill the tank slightly squeezing the handle. lol
Does this happen at every station you use.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
122 Posts
Does it matter how empty the tank is? Try refilling at different fill points example first try at 3/4 full, 1/2full, 1/3full and then 1/4. That should help the vapor theory. Try different insert positions for the nozzle, try putting the nozzle fully in, then pull it out slowly untill it keeps pumping.
My Aston had this problem, it turned to be the full tank not venting fast enough pushing fuel back. They changed the fuel tank vent and everything was ok, but once in awhile i have to leave the car alone a coupme fo minutes specially when i’m close to empty

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had this issue when the Jeep was new and they replaced the fuel filler neck and vent hose if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I get the same **** and was wondering if it was just me. It happens with 93 octane the same but it doesnt happen at every pump just select pumps it appears.

I usually have to put it to the first click on the pump and let it fill at the slower rate. No biggie. But I have had times where I just couldnt get the dam thing to fill anymore gas after being 3/4 full and just leave smh.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a Racetrac by the house and they have about 14 pumps and only 2 don't have the slow fill issue. It angers me greatly when they both are in use, and I think the people think I am a stalker when I wait for one of those two when plenty of other pumps are not in use,lol

·
Super Moderator
2,432 Posts
I have a Racetrac by the house and they have about 14 pumps and only 2 don't have the slow fill issue. It angers me greatly when they both are in use, and I think the people think I am a stalker when I wait for one of those two when plenty of other pumps are not in use,lol
Maybe you can get some kind of pressure test to verify if there’s an issue with the fuel filler?
I hear you on the stalker vibe, only a few pumps that also have that sweet, sweet corn juice so sometimes I have to cue even though there are open pumps. Even though I have a 30 mile commute and corn is scarce, I’m lucky to have one station next to my house and one next to work. 3-4 fuel ups a week easily so I could not handle any shenanigans or delays fueling up.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes, I typically go to Hyvee (85% ethanol) vs others 70% or less. However, same issue from multiple brands.
I have not had any problems with fill ups since I replaced metal filler tube and plastic EVAP line September 2020 at any station.

Reactions: Btsrt

·
Registered
2021 Sting Gray Trackhawk
34 Posts
Sometimes it's the filter of that particular gas pump that needs to be changed out, from what I've heard on top of what others here have said.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It has to be the filler tube, where the tube goes into tank there is a check valve so fuel doesn't come out. It can't be every pump nozzle is bad where you get fuel(the valve that shuts off pump when full), your probably out of warranty. It was the best thing I did, I feel your pain trying to fill up. Mine didn't do it every time I filled up, when you see how small the fill pipe is you will wonder how it even fills up the tank. Don't know if your vehicle is lowered or not, but my tire wore through inner fender liner like I said and wore through plastic line. Think it took about 1 1/2 hours to replace, just have to get correct plastic rivets, got mine at O'Reilly's they may have to order them in, get a bag 20 for like $10 and rivet tool from Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
2021 Trackhawk
66 Posts
Had this same exact thing happen on my 21.
Flipping the filler upside down or using another pump solved the issue.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts