Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am typing with one eye shut but I believe there are guys selling black plugs that match the intake color that you can use to close the opening once you remove it.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
The clamp on the helmholtz is kind of a pain so here is what i did...

Loosen intake clamp next to throttlebody. Loosen clamp next to air filter box. Remove maf plug and the crankcase plug from top of intake tube. Remove 4 screws of air filter box.

The intake tube should remove.
Use plyers to get black clamp off Helmholtz, then it just pulls off.

Stick $3 lowes rubber "2 cap into intake tube. Tighten clamp down relatively tight since its all rubber.

Reinstall everything.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do you have any pics and how does it sound with the resonator removed? thanks!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you have any pics and how does it sound with the resonator removed? thanks!!
I dont have pics. There are some on jeepgarage in a similar thread as this one.

Here is the cap

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Fernco-2-in-dia-Flexible-PVC-Cap-Fittings/1000075369

There is a little more whine at low rpms when leaving from a stop under normal conditions.

At WOT or once up to speed i cant say i really notice. It definitly doesnt scream but it was 3 dollars and i got to tinker so thats fun. It does bring out a little more whine but thats all.

·
Registered
599 Posts
For the intake tube....$3 buck at Lowes until a nice one comes out.... ;)
I thought my time in compact japanese sports cars would be the last time I see things like this done but there seems to be a never ending need of hardware store material for automotive uses regardless of make and model :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can someone post a picture of where the Trackhawk Helmholtz chamber on the Super Charger is located and instructions on how to remove it..

·
Registered
130 Posts
small black plastic bulbous box right on front of intake tube held on with a one time clamp. to be honest, i can barely notice a difference in sound once its removed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone post a picture of where the Trackhawk Helmholtz chamber on the Super Charger is located and instructions on how to remove it..
No offense, but if you need instructions on how to remove it, I'd seriously consider *not* making a $100k truck your first foray into the world of automotive repair :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
It took me a second look to get it off but I lossened the hose clamps at the throttle body and air filter so I could rotate the whole Thing up a bit but literally just grap the latch with pliers on the one time clamp and peel back like a can opener and it pops off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Changed out

I switched out from the Lowes all rubber one to this plastic one. I did not like the fact that I could not tighten the clamp enough, although it probably would of been just fine. Now the clamp is tight and does not need me checking it over and over again. Zurn CO2490-AB2 ABS Countersunk Cleanout Plug, 1/2" Height, 2" Diameter gooweea

·
Registered
29 Posts
Deleted mine for the 3D printed puck. Elegant solution. Unless Mopar comes out with an intake like I had on my 17 SRT I may keep the puck and add a drop in filter when they are available

·
Registered
130 Posts
Taking off the Helmholtz did little to nothing in my opinion. I then added CAI and HUGE difference!! If you want to hear that whine, its a must :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Before they released the TH I noticed they had an intake hose with out the Helholtz. was this an OEM part? looks like the Demon my have got it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
demon does have a different intake tube. not sure it will fit our box as is made to fit air grabber box. unless you have special connections, you will need to go to a dodge store and show an actual demon registration to buy one. went down that path few months back. and the parts are almost $1000

·
Registered
44 Posts
Removal produces somewhat better sound, and worth tearing out immediately and replacing with 2” rubber pvc cover. But, the bwoody CAI is remarkably more noise at lower rpm. Remarkably! I now hear nothing but intake/whine under moderate throttle to about 4k rpm. Addictive, to say the least. Under load it comes to life till the engine and exhaust drown it out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts