Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now the proud owner of a 2019 TrackHawk in Scotland - so right-hand-drive (the proper side!). Black with black leather - I'll get down to posting a few photos once I've taken some decent ones. 500 miles now, so Launch Control is enabled and it says 3.3 to 60...which is fine. I must have some 'American vehicle' thing going, as it adds to my 5.7 Hemi GC that I'm keeping, and 2014 Indian Chief, and 1047 Indian Chief.

A question though - is there an US dealer that's up-to-speed with sending parts overseas as not all of parts are available in the UK (like the tow-bar), and the parts that are ae crazy prices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi , I’m from uk also and wanted a trackhawk for years had the srt in redline then was sick of waiting for it be released over here and now it’s here god I want one now . Did you get any discount off the £89.999 ? Also that would be my problem would want a tow bar and it’s not listed as an option in the uk
Congratulations it’s hell of a thrill when you smash the gas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...Did you get any discount off the £89.999 ?...
YES - a surprising amount. Although I think for some reason the one I was looking at had to be registered within June so there was a dealer incentive to move it...at least so I think. The list price was a bit steep to me and was putting me off, but I was constantly drawn to AutoTrader and one day a dealer suddenly offered a reduced price that I was happy with. And right now today on AutoTrader while I'm still seeing cars at £89K - I'm seeing new at £86K and low miles at £85K and even £78.9K.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I’ve just had a look the one for £78 k is from Ireland (I think) there cars always seem cheaper for some reason the black one for £82 is my local garage and is 16 miles from me . I probably would want redline red tho .5 years warranty 5 years rac and 3 years services is a real Bonus also they doing 0% finance now also can’t go wrong with that
Are you pleased with yours ? If you don’t know you should get the bottom of the sills and doors ppf d and the rear arches as these get covered in stone chips in no time at all

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aha! Hello from me - I'm from Scotland too.
I'm presently living in Houston, Texas and bought mine new last May.
Just under 13000 miles now.
Best car I have ever owned - whups the Jag, BMW, Maserati et al. No contest.
Good luck filling it in the UK with Shell High Octane - here, I'm laughing, paying just over 3 USD per 'Mericun Gallon for their Nitro+.
I'm the only one standing at the pump chuckling while I fill her up... (rubbing it in)
I had a set of stealth electronics fitted at purchase which are insanely good. Best to know where our custodians of the peace are before they know where I am.
K40 RL360di
Check it out... So good the manufacturer guarantees to pay the ticket if I get one. I'll try to avoid that.
;))

I have an excellent dealer here in Houston - River Oaks and I'm sure parts could be got without too much problem. I'm back in the UK fairly frequently so I don't mind carrying something as long as it's not too big or heavy. Your problem is that the GBP to USD has gone to hell in a handbasket.

Here in 'Mericuh, the tow hitch receptor sits in behind the black removable cover on the rear bumper skin.
No idea on the UK ones if there is one hiding in under there. The US tow hitches are a piece of p*ss to attach to the receiving socket, but the towbar electrics are certainly different and that will be tricky. They do have a 50mm ball attachment, so I would expect it to fit UK trailer hitches ok.
Jeep UK has to have something, I expect, but let me know if not. It might be that they are just working out what is best - or maybe questioning what on earth anyone in the UK would want to tow with 700+ hp.

Here, I notice there aren't many options to have - just the usual cosmetic stuff. The rubber mats have been a real boon - even though mine was recalled for the faulty drivers floor mat, I was given the new one in a box as I don't use it.

The only feedback for Jeep is that it needs an HUD - the speedo is completely useless and power folding mirrors should be added. I wouldn't mind a graduated tint on the windscreen - they don't seem to figure here.

One other thing - I'm coming up for a new set of tyres in a month or so - the Pirelli P Zero are superb on grip, cornering and braking but they seem to tramline (not that 295 wide has anything to do with that I'm sure). They ain't cheap and though I haven't given it the launch control beans, I do give it plenty, but I would expect the tyres to give a bit more life.
I'm considering looking at something else, but there's little choice in run flat and these wagons really do need a stiff sidewall for the cornering forces.

I'll replace mine end of 2020, maybe not white next time, but for sure, it will be getting the full Hennessey treatment. I passed their place a couple of weeks ago...
The lure of the 'Dark Side' was strong... as is 4 figure horsepower.

Cheers.
H58VAH.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
There’s plenty of reputable tuners out there that do not have the horrible reputation of Hennessy. If you’re in Houston check out late model race craft.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new Trackhawk. It would be so strange to get into one with right hand drive. That part is certainly not American. ;)

I used to love my uncle's RHD Rolls Royces. I would stick my tongue out at other people on the highway and freak them out when he would take me for rides when I was a kid. It was always a blast to see other drivers do a double take thinking some kid was driving.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just spoken tommy local dealer and the exhaust in the uk is different than that in the us therefore the us tow bar will not fit and there is no one making towbars in uk to fit and due to only 125 coming to uk unlikely to be a towbar for the trackhawk. Now that’s the deal breaker for me as I tow a small trailer now and again

Be warned uk buyers no towbar us ones do not fit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts