Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up guys? I've been a member for a month or so but haven't done in intro thread as my Trackhawk was just delivered this morning. Leftover '18 I purchased from Massachusetts with 100 miles on it. A have a couple quick questions for you guys before I call up my local dealer. I searched on the forum & saw some of you complained about body panel fitment. Maybe I didn't search properly but I couldn't find anything about headlight moisture/condensation. Has anyone had issue with the headlight moisture/condensation? If so, did you take it to the dealership & did they fix it or replace the headlights? I did a pretty thorough look over on the vehicle when it was delivered this morning & will be going over it more tonight when I'm done with work. For those of you with had body panel issues, did you take it to the dealership & if so, were they able to make some adjustments & improve the panel fitment? I will attach some pics of the headlights/panel fitment areas.

I have an appt. the beginning of next week with the detailer for paint correction, ceramic coating, clear bra, tint, etc. If possible, I would to get these issues sorted before it gets dropped off at the detailer. Any input is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trying to add a couple pictures, maybe I'm doing something wrong, what's the easiest way to do that? Do I need a certain amount of posts do upload pictures?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had horrible condensation in my 14 SRT, and dealer replaced both headlamps under factory 3/36 warranty.

No headlight issues yet with 18 TH, except for them seeming a bit dimmer than the 14.

·
Registered
224 Posts
What Mass dealer did it come from, Im only asking because I live in massachusetts. Also on my 15 SRT my rear tail lights had issues with condensation. They were replaced under the factory warranty

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had horrible condensation in my 14 SRT, and dealer replaced both headlamps under factory 3/36 warranty.

No headlight issues yet with 18 TH, except for them seeming a bit dimmer than the 14.
Good to know, thanks.

What Mass dealer did it come from, Im only asking because I live in massachusetts. Also on my 15 SRT my rear tail lights had issues with condensation. They were replaced under the factory warranty
https://www.kellyjeepchrysler.net/

I live in Raleigh, NC & have a good size Jeep dealership 10 mins away. I have a good buddy that is a tech there too.

·
Super Moderator
1,670 Posts
Put off your ceramic coating until your issues are resolved. If they replace anything, then you’ll be back at the coating place. Don’t be surprised if they order new and replace if it’s the fender flares. I’m dropping mine off after nearly two years to finally get all that stuff fixed and adjusted.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put off your ceramic coating until your issues are resolved. If they replace anything, then you’ll be back at the coating place. Don’t be surprised if they order new and replace if it’s the fender flares. I’m dropping mine off after nearly two years to finally get all that stuff fixed and adjusted.
Ugh, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Luckily I haven't another vehicle to drive as I didn't want to start putting miles on the TH until I got all the work done with the detailer.

Pictures added to my original post, let me know what you guys think.

·
Super Moderator
1,670 Posts
They’ll give you a rental while it’s in the shop but I have the same issues with the flares and they’re replacing them. Good luck👍🏻

·
Registered
345 Posts
Since it's been sitting for many many months (probably outside) it not terribly surprising that you might see some condensation. You might check the headlights after you've had the lights on after a few hours of night driving. The condensation might be gone and not return under normal driving conditions. (Maybe)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had the dealer try to align my passenger side rear tail light lens, I didn't like the fit. The rest of mine was fine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since it's been sitting for many many months (probably outside) it not terribly surprising that you might see some condensation. You might check the headlights after you've had the lights on after a few hours of night driving. The condensation might be gone and not return under normal driving conditions. (Maybe)
She was definitely outside on the lot most her life, I can tell by that fluffy, white corrosion on the aluminum engine bay parts. Another thing I need to address & clean up. According to the dealership the vehicle was washed & stored inside until the transport company picked it up then it was in an enclosed trailer from last Friday until yesterday morning. Went out to the garage around 6:30 thing morning & the headlights had no condensation. So I can't really bi*ch to the local dealer about it since I have nothing to show them now. It will be garage kept while I own it but of course I would prefer to have the headlights sorted sooner than later. I will still be calling the dealer today about the panel fitment issue.

I had the dealer try to align my passenger side rear tail light lens, I didn't like the fit. The rest of mine was fine.
Good to know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kelly is prob one of the largest Jeep dealers in our area i'm sure that they will make it right for you if you have concerns.
Good to know, I read a ton of good reviews about them before I even contacted them about the TH. I worked with a salesman named Pablo, overall pretty pleased with the transaction, which is not something I usually say when talking about dealerships. Maybe I'll reach out to him before I contact my local dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just traded in my 2018 hawk & bought a 2020 and this one came with so many flaws its crazy. They screwed up my front bumper, my hood doesn’t line up on driver side and is almost hitting the fender, both driver side fender panels are missing tape and clips so they are flapping, my left exhaust hangs 3/4” lower then right side and my steering wheel is off to the right by a 1/2”+. The steering wheel was also off in my 2018

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just traded in my 2018 hawk & bought a 2020 and this one came with so many flaws its crazy. They screwed up my front bumper, my hood doesn’t line up on driver side and is almost hitting the fender, both driver side fender panels are missing tape and clips so they are flapping, my left exhaust hangs 3/4” lower then right side and my steering wheel is off to the right by a 1/2”+. The steering wheel was also off in my 2018
Jesus, that is a big list of sh*t wrong with it, I would be pissed. My list is pretty small & basic compared to that. I understand we don't own a Mercedes or BMW but it was still a $100k+/- Jeep. First new vehicle I've bought myself in about 15 yrs so I'm still gonna be a bit nit picky about sh*t, haha...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts