Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Maybe but I am thinking they are just going to over the hood as part of an appearance package to help renew interest since they keep pushing back the WL....

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was holding off doing my engine mods till next spring on the hopes they would be releasing a special edition of the TH. I would definitely line up for one even though I could easily improve on the factory power with modifications. It would be interesting to see what driveline upgrades would be required to keep it viable with a factory warranty. A wider body Redeye or Demon version with some differentiation in the bodywork would be welcome. I think all the tuners would potentially benefit with extra beefy factory parts availability as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've also been putting mods off in anticipation of a 797 hp TH leveraging the lighter stelvio platform come 2021. I can see dodge putting the redeye option out there for the WK2 to squeak out the last little bit of money they can before a platform refresh. If that's the case, I would still wait until the WL platform comes out due to the weight savings...only non-starter would be if the looks are "meh".

·
Registered
55 Posts
I doubt the new Stelio platform will accept a Hellcat powertrain, let alone an American V8. I believe a twin turbo V6 of a fairly high state of tune might be the new top dog option. I do think that the new vehicle will weigh at least 500 pounds less than the current platform, so, performance characteristics might be reasonably close ( with much improved handling). Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
any additional news on this? my dealer says that it "looks like one is in development," but I highly suspect he has any better sources than what can be found online.
If a redline is the swansong for this platform, I'm totally in... should get a decent trade in for a loaded '18 with 5k miles :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think that, based a lighter-duty Alfa platform, "Some versions of the Hemi" means the smaller displacements. And don't be surprised if a hybrid version is in the works too.

Of course, I'm hoping they carry on with the 707hp and Redeye. No such thing as too much power.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts