·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read this article today on Autoblog -
Supercharged Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk reportedly won't be back
News

Anybody hear different?

Might just hang on to my TH for a while longer. Have my eye on a 911 Turbo S.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Not a surprise. We've been thinking this for quite some time. The Hellcat engine is not long for this world, either.

Sad times are coming. Keep your toys!

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
32 Posts
Sad times are coming is right. Electric vehicles are a knee jerk reaction to global warming. Burning coal to charge all these cars is dirtier than running a gas engine. Is would be a different story if we had all nuclear power plants or solar car charging. And none of what we do matters as long as China, Russia and India keep up the pollution at the excessive rates that they are. Birth control is the real solution to this problem. Way too many humans on the planet. I’m Glad I bought my hawk before the prices went nuts. I’m gonna enjoy mine every day while it’s still legal. I’m sure the lunatics in Washington will push gas to ten bucks a gallon before long forcing people to buy electric. Enjoy your trackhawks while you can everyone!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey EVs go!
Teslas smoke Trackhawks especially out of the hole.
I'm thinking of buying the Tesla Model S Plaid next spring.
The one that goes 0-60 in 1.7 seconds and does the 1/4 mile in
just under 9 seconds 🤣
Insane.
Talk about jumping out of the hole :p
An IC engine is like a human being on a bicycle.
Converts up and down motion into rotation
Narrow range, needs gears, needs to get going to make power.
Elon says we're at the limit for a street car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Jeep confident in demand for electric off-road vehicles

The company didn’t provide any details on the first full battery-electric Jeep model slated for production, but the Jeep lineup is expected to look drastically different than the current 4x4 family by 2025. The plan is to have a zero-emission, full-electric Jeep in every SUV segment with expectations that 70 per cent of Jeep sales will be electrified by 2025.

___

Maybe they'll have an EV Trackhawk :unsure: (y)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey EVs go!
Teslas smoke Trackhawks especially out of the hole.
I'm thinking of buying the Tesla Model S Plaid next spring.
The one that goes 0-60 in 1.7 seconds and does the 1/4 mile in
just under 9 seconds 🤣
Insane.
Talk about jumping out of the hole :p
An IC engine is like a human being on a bicycle.
Converts up and down motion into rotation
Narrow range, needs gears, needs to get going to make power.
Elon says we're at the limit for a street car.

EV's can be fast as they have all of their power at the ready, but there's no replacing the power and sound of a large V8 like the Hellcat. I would take a Hellcat over an EV any day - much more exciting. Plus, I get more looks, thumbs up and questions about my TH than those boring looking Tesla's.

·
Registered
144 Posts
EV's can be fast as they have all of their power at the ready, but there's no replacing the power and sound of a large V8 like the Hellcat. I would take a Hellcat over an EV any day - much more exciting. Plus, I get more looks, thumbs up and questions about my TH than those boring looking Tesla's.
I'm going to keep my Trackhawk.
I have exhaust cutouts and 805 hp to amuse myself. 😃
The Tesla Plaid is a 4 door sedan.
Charging it is not a problem.

I have a 2014 Prochargered 426 Jeep SRT with 600 hp I'm going to sell
along with my SC 2002 Corvette M6 Convertible.
Maybe I'll cash out some of my Tesla stock I bought last year at 380 a share
as it's now considered a long term capital gain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also plan to keep / upgrade my Trackhawk and keep as part of my collection. Regarding the EV discussion, I do plan to buy a Tesla at some point in the next two years. Probably a tri-motor Cybertruck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It really shouldn't be a surprise, with new Stellatis and new platform and with all emissions and regulations, it is very highly unlikely Trackhawk will come again. But there is small chance it might come back, but not for another 2-3 years. FCA made big bucks on these hellcats due to huge demand from people.

·
Registered
653 Posts
^^^ If it does...it won't be with the Hellcat engine.(n)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sad times are coming is right. Electric vehicles are a knee jerk reaction to global warming. Burning coal to charge all these cars is dirtier than running a gas engine. Is would be a different story if we had all nuclear power plants or solar car charging. And none of what we do matters as long as China, Russia and India keep up the pollution at the excessive rates that they are. Birth control is the real solution to this problem. Way too many humans on the planet. I’m Glad I bought my hawk before the prices went nuts. I’m gonna enjoy mine every day while it’s still legal. I’m sure the lunatics in Washington will push gas to ten bucks a gallon before long forcing people to buy electric. Enjoy your trackhawks while you can everyone!!
Your comments looked so much like what we face in the US that I thought you were IN the US, until I checked again. Guess the insanity is universal. Main question is whether we will be able to license/drive our TH's in the future.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Electric off-road vehicles. There's real brilliance!

You can't carry two jerry cans of electricity on the back of your electric 4x4 into the wilderness. You can't also carry extra batteries, or use jumper cables to get a boost off your buddy.

Once ANYTHING goes wrong in the wilderness (weather, getting stuck, getting lost...) happens to anyone with an electric 4x4 ...thus using up more power than expected...they're screwed. Especially where there's no cell service...which is most of the wilderness.

Why is gasoline so bad? Seriously? Does every f-ing thing have to be electric?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts