Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Atlanta, out of a condo garage. There is video but I can't share it, but it doesn't really show anything anyways. Doesn't look like alarm went off. Took them around 30 seconds to take the car.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Which kill switch did you use? Was it installed by you or someone else?

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
140 Posts
Did they drive it off or push it? Sorry to hear man. That really sucks.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
140 Posts
Makes me wonder if the security update was done correctly? Or the dealer made another keyfob before the update....and gave it to somebody to steal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Makes me wonder if the security update was done correctly? Or the dealer made another keyfob before the update....and gave it to somebody to steal.
It's really odd. If they had a working key it doesn't make sense to break the window. My spare keys were in Faraday bags 30+ stories vertically [not to mention through several floors of parking deck concrete], so a relay attack is not likely either.

I guess we will see if other cars with update start getting stolen soon, if not it's most likely dealer didn't do the key lockdown properly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Apparently the key lockdown isn’t available for the Trackhawk even though they told me it was and that it was done. I spoke to the dealer again and all they did was reflash the software on the security module. If I had known it wasn’t available I would have gone for a kill switch and 3rd party immobilizer.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Apparently the key lockdown isn’t available for the Trackhawk even though they told me it was and that it was done. I spoke to the dealer again and all they did was reflash the software on the security module. If I had known it wasn’t available I would have gone for a kill switch and 3rd party immobilizer.
Wow, looks like a classic replication theft.

·
Registered
538 Posts
This has to be devastating. Sorry to hear that. I suspected the RF Lockdown wasn't for THs.

I hope everyone else here learns from this and at a minimum gets a kill switch. The Mopar community needs to quit making it so easy for them. The manufacturer isn't going to help us.

Reactions: Skltr
1 - 20 of 31 Posts