Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that. I don't trust anything dealers say these days. I believe last time I heard that it wasn't available for Trackhawks, but I could be wrong.

I hope your insurance covers it.

If you do get yourself another one, since it was in garage condo, at least get yourself a Steering Wheel Lock. On 2nd day get yourself a Killswitch. If you worry about them pushing the car out, get yourself Parking Brake block off plate. Extra GPS wouldn't hurt either.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive mirror Steering part

Parking Release block off. I got a steal plate underneath it. So them prying it will be a task.

Grey Bag Luggage and bags Personal luxury car Auto part

·
Registered
434 Posts
This has to be devastating. Sorry to hear that. I suspected the RF Lockdown wasn't for THs.

I hope everyone else here learns from this and at a minimum gets a kill switch. The Mopar community needs to quit making it so easy for them. The manufacturer isn't going to help us.
F*$% FCA and Stellantis. They know about this problem and they won't do anything about it. DON'T TRUST THEM. Always second question anything they do or say.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that. I don't trust anything dealers say these days. I believe last time I heard that it wasn't available for Trackhawks, but I could be wrong.

I hope your insurance covers it.

If you do get yourself another one, since it was in garage condo, at least get yourself a Steering Wheel Lock. On 2nd day get yourself a Killswitch. If you worry about them pushing the car out, get yourself Parking Brake block off plate. Extra GPS wouldn't hurt either.

View attachment 11506

Parking Release block off. I got a steal plate underneath it. So them prying it will be a task.

View attachment 11507
All great initiatives to at least slow them down or pass on the vehicle altogether!

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
392 Posts
No point in being made with FCA or Stellantis because all car brands suffer this problem. If it’s not a relay attack it’s some sort fob reprogramming or tow and fix later. I’ve seen HD video footage of 2022 amg S class stolen within 20s. Our TH is of high demand on the black market.

I would be really pissed at the dealer if they miss led me into thinking that my system can’t be hack/programmed.

At the end of the day, I would really base a securtiy judgement call after reading experiences within a forum like this. Maybe your idea is better and worth sharing with other mmebers.

Just a thought to the rest of us. Taking into consideration how cheap smartphones are, why not hardwire one into a hidden location. At least you will have real time tracking, you could listen into what is happening. Install a motion detection app that can notify another phone.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
116 Posts
My 2018 Trackhawk got stolen again, it had the Security Lockdown update applied but I guess the thieves have found a workaround.
WTF wow...i swear i never had a vehicle that is literally making so much headaches to enjoy....i love the TH but i dont drive it alot because of the BS....i treat the jeep like a motorcycle (no errands...no shopping mall parking lot...absolutely no unattended parking areas AT ALL) I'm like 2 NY minutes from a trade to a ford bronco raptor & hangup the speed sh!t...or get a gt500 2020 when the new one comes out next summer...sorry for the constant targeting you keep experiencing....hope it all goes well for you

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
103 Posts
Sucks what you have to go through to have anything nice. I’ve posted this on other threads but for anyone who hasn’t seen run a hidden kill switch to the starter solenoid. Takes care of everything but the flatbed. Don’t let the ass holes deter you. Hope the insurance makes good. If it doesn’t turn up get another one and enjoy the hell out of it

21 - 31 of 31 Posts