Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
We pretty much know the HOW, but is it just coincidence they are patrolling the lot and we're at the wrong place/wrong time? Do they see us on the road and start following until it's parked? Inside job/spotter?

Reactions: Coley

·
Registered
520 Posts
I think everyone should learn from this and use it as an example. It is too easy to add more protection and plenty of information on this forum. For the price we all paid and few hundred bucks more is all it would take along with the discipline to use it. No one wants to deal with the aftermath of a vehicle theft because of the emotional, physiological and financial stresses!

Reactions: Skltr

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think everyone should learn from this and use it as an example. It is too easy to add more protection and plenty of information on this forum. For the price we all paid and few hundred bucks more is all it would take along with the discipline to use it. No one wants to deal with the aftermath of a vehicle theft because of the emotional, physiological and financial stresses!
100% agree!! You don't wanna go through the burden and mental stress of having your trackhawk stolen like I did..

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
77 Posts
I just did this couple of days ago. I'm sure this can still be accesses, but at least it deters them a bit longer. Next would be OBD disabled and Security modules will be relocated. I'm not taking any chances.

These are security screws.

View attachment 11048
Looks good. What are they secured to? Any idea on the length of them?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Looks good. What are they secured to? Any idea on the length of them?
They're secured to the same screws holes that are underneath. They are measured as below. So you buy 1"-1/2 and 1". I had to grind them down a bit as they were a bit too long, you can see there's no sharp point on it, but you can use washers for that if you don't want to grind them. Front is longer because of the plastic hump. Also, when you take the panel off, on the rear ones you will need 0.5" nylon spacers, because the plastic doesn't touch the bottom, you don't have to but I did.

Ruler Photograph Office ruler Measuring instrument Font

41 - 51 of 51 Posts