Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On October 2nd I was in the left exit lane when a guy in the right lane decided to get back on the highway.
He clipped me in a PIT manouver and spun me into the guardrail..
Almost all the airbags went off.
It was a soft crash and I wasn't hurt.
100% his fault.
Appraiser said 35k salvage value plus hidden damage plus take 6 months to fix.
The Insurance Co has cut me a check for 82,969.98 which is what I paid for it 3 1/2 years and 48k miles ago.
Now it had 58k miles on it at time of crash.
I paid 74,500.00 plus tax for it as a dealer demo with 10k miles and insurance gave me 76,754.00 plus 6715.98
I could go out and get another comparable Trackhawk but I also have my 426 600 hp SRT.
They only offered me 25k for it so now with this turn of events I'll keep it for a while as my second car.
The BMW is supposed to cost 10-15$ to charge for 280 miles .
We will see.

My BMW M60 610 hp 811 :D ft/lb torque EV is built and will be her in 2-3 weeks so it's like getting retail trade in value
for the Trackhawk

Black tire marks in front of passenger rear wheel where he hit me.

So I transfered my new amps and stuff I had just put in to the SRT.

Procharger forged 426 gets 13.5 mpg avg my driving vs 11-11.6 in the Trackhawk after Modern Muscle added 100 hp.

Plastic cap on Positive

The BMW M60 will be this color

with these wheels

The one I test drove in August was a 2022 517 hp M50.
BMW has been making this EV since 2021.

0-60 in 4.5 dec
The M60 is a new 2923 model
0-60 in 3.5 sec

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Glad you are okay, at the very least. Hope it all goes well.
The accident seems to have unpinched some nerves in my back and I haven't felt better since last year.
I've had 3 Serendipitus fortunate accidents in my life where I wasn't hurt..

The 1st one I crashed my dad's car into a ditch joyriding when I was 15.
My brother and I fixed it and started doing bodywork and painting cars in the parent's garage.
The house had a long 2 ended driveway in trees so we could park cars hiddenly.
We fixed the neighbors rust buckets to bribe them.

Box fan exhaust through a water curtain for smell control

That gave me a career leading to becoming a 1%er.

The 2nd one was a few years later when a car I was trying to sell got written off from under me and the insurance gave me more money than it was worth.

Now this 3rd accident seems to have fixed my back :cool::LOL:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Great news on the back! With your skillset and facilities did you ever consider doing the Trackhawk fix on your own? The 426 is a sweet toy! I’m probably older than you and I just can’t get excited about the EV’s.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Great news on the back! With your skillset and facilities did you ever consider doing the Trackhawk fix on your own? The 426 is a sweet toy! I’m probably older than you and I just can’t get excited about the EV’s.
I'm 64
The Trackhawk was too damaged plus getting parts.
It may not run right after getting fixed.
I test drove the BMW EV and liked it.
Now I'll have both ICE and EV SUVs similar horse power but 814 ft/lb
of Torque in the EV vs 580 in the SRT.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Glad you are ok! The great thing is you got as much for it from the insurance as you paid!
You don't see that often with a lot of vehicles.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad you are ok! The great thing is you got as much for it from the insurance as you paid!
You don't see that often with a lot of vehicles.
I got it for a real good price 74,500.00 March 2019, 3 1/2 years ago with 10k miles on it and FCA only made 10,000 of them plus Covid keeping used car prices up I had my fun and got 2k more than I paid:p

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The only BMW I would buy is X5M or M5 Comp.
I'm a Big American V8 guy other than owning a bunch of Datsun 240Zs
and driving the 76 Chevette in the garage picture.
One of my first cars was a 68 Firebird 400 4 speed convertible.
I test drove the EV M50 and liked it.
The reason I went with BMW is it's a traditionally styled SUV about the size and power of the Trackhawk and is available now.
It has been in production for a year.
It comes with a Warranty.
I'm older and have less time to waste and don't want to wait another year for a Blazer EV
I can always trade in the BMW for something else in a few years should something come up I like more.
Time to have some fun with 814 ft/lb of torque.
And for variety I still have my 600 awhp 426 SRT with SW Longtube Headers .

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes its the M60 I'm getting
I saw an EV Hummer at a GM dealer.
It was awesome but too huge to even fit in my garage.
Plus it's too high off the ground for me.
It's not bad for the power it has, I just really don't like how it looks, it looks like another Hyundai or Kia mid size SUV, with exception of that big ugly grill in front. Frikin panda nose.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
It's not bad for the power it has, I just really don't like how it looks, it looks like another Hyundai or Kia mid size SUV, with exception of that big ugly grill in front. Frikin panda nose.
I'm not thrilled with the oversize Vagina Labia Grille :D but right now there's nothing else on the market I want.
I don't want to wait another year as I'm 64 with back issues and have less time to waste.
I could modify the Cooter grille but in a year or 2 I may trade it in for some other EV

Modified Grille

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I'm not thrilled with the oversize Vagina Labia Grille :D but right now there's nothing else on the market I want.
I don't want to wait another year as I'm 64 with back issues and have less time to waste.
I could modify the Cooter grille but in a year or 2 I may trade it in for some other EV

Modified Grille
Maybe a stupid question but, is the grill functional?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts