Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I think I made a good deal! Nissan GT-R and an old Honda Pilot. TH does it all! Just picked up a clean 2018 with 20k miles. Old fobs with yellow engine and previous owner never set the LC. Those issues will be addressed in short order!

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
Welcome to the gang n glad you’ve already figured out the yellow engine issue. Order some brake pads ASAP

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome to the gang n glad you’ve already figured out the yellow engine issue. Order some brake pads ASAP
What is this yellow engine issue you speak of? Never heard about that.

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
Some 18’s were sent out with improperly programmed fobs. This severely limited engine output and was easily identified by the engine being yellow on the drive mode page when it should be red. If you’re running 0-60 in the 3 second range, you do not have this problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG! I did not see that article before doing the trade! That's crazy! I loved my GT-R. Really unique...you hardly see any of them around. They are great GT cars but not so great as a sports car / track car as they weigh over 3,800 lbs. Plus I cant haul the kids around in its so-called back seat, so whenever we had to all go somewhere together, we would dust off the Honda Pilot, which nobody was ever really excited to go in. Now, with the TH, we get the same level of GT-R AWD excitement that we can all share. Save on insurance (cheaper than GT-R + Pilot), and garage space, etc. etc. Seems to have worked out really well. Everyone loves the TH! This TH having the fob issue I think is a good thing, as previous owner did not seem to know or care about not having all the power! We will get that corrected ASAP! Thanks everyone for the welcome!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Agree with your assessment of both the TH and GTR.

Never owned a GTR, but have more then a handful of laps in one at NJMP. Great looking unique car but comes with a few compromises for sure. I’d choose a used GT3 over one easily.

Good luck with the new ‘hawk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha I'm actually shopping for either an 18 GT3 or 16 RS. Prices have been dropping big time. Maybe wait till the winter as they are still $$$$

·
Registered
582 Posts
haha I'm actually shopping for either an 18 GT3 or 16 RS. Prices have been dropping big time. Maybe wait till the winter as they are still $$$$

Lol... I’ve been watching the market as well.

Did a few laps in this one. It sold me big time.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Lol... I’ve been watching the market as well.

Did a few laps in this one. It sold me big time.

What are you guys paying for these things....

Im trying to hold out until the z06 c8 comes out.... But im really itching for a purpose built track car.....

Thinking about the
Mac 600LT
Lambo Huracan P
Porche GT3 rs

Any one race a couple of them, or could recommend me one which would be best to race around the track?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are you guys paying for these things....

Im trying to hold out until the z06 c8 comes out.... But im really itching for a purpose built track car.....

Thinking about the
Mac 600LT
Lambo Huracan P
Porche GT3 rs

Any one race a couple of them, or could recommend me one which would be best to race around the track?
Best GT3 bang for the buck right now I think is the 2016 GT3RS. They are selling in the high $150's right now depending on options and mileage. The 2018-19 regular GT3 actually has a better motor, but less grip and downforce. Debatable which is faster around a track. Both have 4.0l motors. A nice 2018 GT3 right now is low to mid $160's. A stripper with steel brakes mid to high $150's. The 3.8 car that ThawkMike rode in was made 2014-2016. The 2014 & 2015's had motor issues. 2016's better but still 3.8 vs the current car's 4.0. They are a good bit cheaper $120's or so, but you have to make sure the earlier cars have a newer 'G' series warranty replacement motor. PM me I can send you more detailed info and links to read up.

Reactions: ThawkMike

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yes, it was a GT3 2016, which is more in my wheel house of what I’m looking to pay. Prices vary greatly, mileage/condition, but more and more seem to be hitting the market lately as the value continues to depreciate.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Or get a fully built 997 Turbo with forged built 3.8 Mezger. Here’s my baby fully built for the track at about 800 to 900 hp depending on tune and revs to 8k rpm. No replacement for
this car. That and the Trackhawk. I am curious about the C8 Z06, will see what that looks like when it comes out.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Dguth: Really bad-ass rig and race car you have there! Love black on a 997...don't see that many of them, at least not in SoCal.

Stop by sometime and we'll compare lap times with my 488GTB.

I'm also awaiting the new Z06. It should be the bargain of the bunch.

How does the TH feel with that trailer tongue weight? Looks to be riding a bit low. Or is the cargo area full of race gear?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dguth: Really bad-ass rig and race car you have there! Love black on a 997...don't see that many of them, at least not in SoCal.

Stop by sometime and we'll compare lap times with my 488GTB.

I'm also awaiting the new Z06. It should be the bargain of the bunch.

How does the TH feel with that trailer tongue weight? Looks to be riding a bit low. Or is the cargo area full of race gear?

Hey Black, thanks and yeah good catch on the tongue weight. I’m still wrestling with how to improve that right now. My Trackhawk is lowered on the Eibach springs and I’m running the Velgen 22 wheels. If I hit a nice size bump, the rears will rub slightly against my fender flares. I have the black plastic ones that clip on under the current flares. I typically load my Porsche backwards but may consider driving it on but then most of the car weight in the engine would be on the rear of trailer which can cause more swaying. I’m still trying to evaluate more options. Maybe different hitch or even bags that can be inflated to balance the rear. Welcome any suggestions.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Have you tried a Weigh-Safe trailer hitch? It has a scale built into it. Really nice quality 6061 T6 billet aluminum, and is multi-height adjustable.

Helps a lot when loading different cars on the trailer, and always getting the optimum tongue weight.

This pix is with my Cobra 427 replica (aluminum body, 2350 pounds) on my 21-foot Featherlite open trailer, which is about 1550# empty. Plus about 100 pounds of gear in the cargo box.

So approximately 4000 pounds with a tongue weight of 700 pounds (17.5%) works well for me. But I am towing with a Navigator and a front-engine car. Would like to try it with the TH.

https://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mount...MIhMbT_v615AIVwZ-zCh2DgAJfEAQYASABEgKH6fD_BwE

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Or get a fully built 997 Turbo with forged built 3.8 Mezger. Here’s my baby fully built for the track at about 800 to 900 hp depending on tune and revs to 8k rpm. No replacement for
this car. That and the Trackhawk. I am curious about the C8 Z06, will see what that looks like when it comes out.

Something like this is what im talking about! I will be in touch with you when im a bit more serious.... I am buying two more warehouses for my company this month... and i am also and putting a maggy on my corvette... So i need to spread some things out =D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you tried a Weigh-Safe trailer hitch? It has a scale built into it. Really nice quality 6061 T6 billet aluminum, and is multi-height adjustable.

Helps a lot when loading different cars on the trailer, and always getting the optimum tongue weight.

This pix is with my Cobra 427 replica (aluminum body, 2350 pounds) on my 21-foot Featherlite open trailer, which is about 1550# empty. Plus about 100 pounds of gear in the cargo box.

So approximately 4000 pounds with a tongue weight of 700 pounds (17.5%) works well for me. But I am towing with a Navigator and a front-engine car. Would like to try it with the TH.

https://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mount...MIhMbT_v615AIVwZ-zCh2DgAJfEAQYASABEgKH6fD_BwE

Thanks! Will check this out. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Something like this is what im talking about! I will be in touch with you when im a bit more serious.... I am buying two more warehouses for my company this month... and i am also and putting a maggy on my corvette... So i need to spread some things out =D

No worries, shoot me a pm anytime.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts