Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - Anyone else have issues with their transfer case / driveshaft.
2,107 miles and my tires started locking up and multiple warning lights on dashboard.
Went to dealer and they told me drive shaft and transfer case need replacement? with only 2,107 miles??
Then they informed me parts on backorder. How is that possible on a new vehicle?
So now i have a Trackhawk sitting in my driveway unusable, and no help from dealer.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Call jeep and get a case going, several other people with extended down times got jeep to pick up the payments for the time down. I know you’d rather have a functioning vehicle but at least it’s something. Also insist on a level 3 tech. It almost sounds like the PCM needs to be reflashed/transmission needs programming.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2,107 miles and my tires started locking up and multiple warning lights on dashboard.
Went to dealer and they told me drive shaft and transfer case need replacement? with only 2,107 miles??
Then they informed me parts on backorder. How is that possible on a new vehicle?
So now i have a Trackhawk sitting in my driveway unusable, and no help from dealer.

Take detailed notes and time vehicle is out of service. In my state of over 30 days then lemon laws kick in.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Take detailed notes and time vehicle is out of service. In my state of over 30 days then lemon laws kick in.
Get it out of your driveway and back in shop! Have the service manager involve FCA District Rep ASAP. FCA took care of me, but my Trackhawk was done 27 days!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Transfer case

Happened to me also. Got Corporate involved and they expedited the parts. Was still in the shop for a while. That was my 4th of 5 repairs so far and I now have a lawyer who took the case for a lemon.

Tough decision for me, but if I try to sell this and anyone runs a car fax they can see that the car has had issues since day 1. I am hoping for some kind of resolution where I get a new TH as I do love it when it is not at the dealer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Drive train is ordered for mine 1303 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
had the same thing happen at 1500 miles I was doing donuts but it should be able to take that.
I took to shop today they did say there was a update just released as a recall

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same thing for me had 560 miles on it but I had the Hennessey HPE 850 upgrade done to it, so my factory warranty is voided, But Hennessey honored my warranty and replaced the transfer case and front differential. Not sure if the 150 extra horsepower had anything to do with it? But it took 4 weeks to fix, and it runs great now. with launch mode I can consistently get 2.9 zero to 60. so I think like you, I just got a lemon transfer case. I called Livernois Motor sports and they have 1000hp on factory drive lines and no issues from them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
With warrentee work the dealer you choose is the most important start. Find a good dealer with a great service reputation who has the techs that can diagnose and repair issues like these and other issues on the high end mopar vehicles. Great dealerships are out there. Ask around. No one should ever have problems at the dealer level and have to call corporate. Especially if a problem like this is becoming common knowledge. Hopefully there is an upgrade from mopar to permanently solve the issues. Those who have had this done keep us posted on what exactly they replaced that may have been different.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Same thing for me had 560 miles on it but I had the Hennessey HPE 850 upgrade done to it, so my factory warranty is voided, But Hennessey honored my warranty and replaced the transfer case and front differential. Not sure if the 150 extra horsepower had anything to do with it? But it took 4 weeks to fix, and it runs great now. with launch mode I can consistently get 2.9 zero to 60. so I think like you, I just got a lemon transfer case. I called Livernois Motor sports and they have 1000hp on factory drive lines and no issues from them.
That’s impressive Hennessey warrantied it, especially considering it may not have had anything to do with their upgrade package. There’s so much trash talk about that shop that it’s nice to hear someone with a good experience as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update: after being told to contact FCA i had my parts expedited and should have truck ready for pick up later today. If i didn't call corporate and had just waited, this would have taken weeks. It still disturbs me that this happened with only 2100 miles, but at least its almost over.
Also, received rental car (which initially was not offered), and (1) of my monthly installment payments have been waived.
Will post again after receiving vehicle later.

thanks for all responses and advice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
**** this thread makes me nervous, though I have no doubt my dealership will take care of it if I do have issues, but don't want a broken $100K vehicle I can't drive...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blown Transfer Case....ALL the power was going to the Rear!!! 5000kms
Back at the Dealer now for NEW Transfer.
Not real excited about that.
Just glad all under Warranty.
No Mods done and glad for that even though I had a small list of wanted to do

·
Registered
2 Posts
dealer is putting a new transfer case in when it comes in ,fca wants the old one back cause they know there some thing wrong with them

·
Registered
80 Posts
My transfer case was changed out around 2100 miles several months ago, but did they just replace it with the same problematic factory transfer case? Who nows. It is just now that I am seeing people on here with the same issue.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts