Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
So much for doing mods. I would think even just a simple tune would void the powertrain warranty. Probably ok with exhaust and CAI, but the rest... if these transfer cases are that brittle (I thought this was what they took their time to over-engineer and strengthen), and guys are having problems with so few miles, then its a roll-of-the-dice if you do powertrain mods. Most manufacturers leave power on the table for the sake of longevity... doesn't look like that is the case here.

I understand this forum is a small sample, but still... tc's blowing up this early on? Absurd.

Registered
This was the Day my transfer case let go...
Doing a launch. Low RPM 1400. Rear end just lit up. Should hit up FCA for some new rubber also.. 馃檪
Still waiting update re New Case and what the failure is and if just a same replacement or what the improvements to new transfer are........
Down Time Sucks

Attachments

Registered
I had a supercharged '15 SRT before the TH and it had numerous launches on it with the stock tc and _no issues_. It wasn't as powerful as the TH, but it was easily 625-640hp. I thought FCA already beefed up the transfer case before production? Maybe not. :(

Registered
Transfercase

How about this one, Bad vibration coming from the driveshaft to find out that the nut that holds the transfercase output shaft was completely off and the driveshaft came out of the transfercase..

Attachments

Registered
How about this one, Bad vibration coming from the driveshaft to find out that the nut that holds the transfercase output shaft was completely off and the driveshaft came out of the transfercase..

Kind of tough to blame that on fca when you were running an aftermarket drive shaft.

Gotta tell the whole story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Kind of tough to blame that on fca when you were running an aftermarket drive shaft.
Gotta tell the whole story.
While that's true, if you look at where the driveshaft adapter is, you can see that the output 'yoke' doesn't get removed to install the aftermarket shaft's adapter. If OP used the center nut to hold the yoke while over-torquing the adapter though, it could have loosened it?

Reactions: Jimmy N.

Registered
While that's true, if you look at where the driveshaft adapter is, you can see that the output 'yoke' doesn't get removed to install the aftermarket shaft's adapter. If OP used the center nut to hold the yoke while over-torquing the adapter though, it could have loosened it?

Oh, I鈥檓 not blaming him for the failure, I鈥檓 just saying it might be helpful for all to divulge the entire scenario so someone in a similar situation can be better informed.

I have no idea how something like could have happened. Vibration, install, ?

Registered
Oh, I鈥檓 not blaming him for the failure, I鈥檓 just saying it might be helpful for all to divulge the entire scenario so someone in a similar situation can be better informed.

I have no idea how something like could have happened. Vibration, install, ?

This is the whole story:

The nut behind the transfer case output shaft somehow came off while driving. I have a G-Force Driveshaft installed which feels a little bit more rigid than the stock two piece and don't know if it being so rigid it vibrated the bolt loose. I felt a bad vibration and smoke out the back of the Hawk pulled over right away and had transfer case fluid everywhere flatbeded it home took it apart and the pictures show what I found. The shaft walked it's way all the way out of the transfer case. Thank god I stopped if it would have fell out and hit the ground who knows what would have happen. There was no signs of any other damage and no signs of any type of loc-tite on the shaft. Re-installed nut with loc-tite and put the stock shaft back in and no other problems. Before all, After I put the driveshaft in I felt a slight vibration and soon after snapped an axle. While replacing the axles discovered both rear bearings were bad(CHECK YOUR BEARINGS GUYS) so was blaming the vibration on that so after bearings and axles were done I went and did a couple pulls the vibration was still there put the stock shaft in and the vibration went away. Had the G-Force shaft checked to find out the run out on the shaft was way off so it was rebalanced and re-installed. A few days later went out to do a couple highways runs with some friends and the rest is in the the beginning of the post.

Registered
Thats cause they charged 3x as much as anyone else so they can replace it and still make a profit smh. Nothing "Honorable" about that smh.

That鈥檚 impressive Hennessey warrantied it, especially considering it may not have had anything to do with their upgrade package. There鈥檚 so much trash talk about that shop that it鈥檚 nice to hear someone with a good experience as well.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts