Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Yikes, 馃槵 yes a TrackHawk launch can definitely be crazy 馃お.

I am guessing you are asking about the mode selector buttons like auto, sport, snow, etc? That is a complete module assembly in the console that typically comes out as one unit. Unsure if you can remove individual buttons but highly doubt it.

If you can get the module assembly out I would douse it heavily around all the buttons with something like CRC brand QD "plastic safe" contact cleaner from Lowe's and let it dry out completely before reinstalling.

Liquid Font Gas Electric blue Advertising

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yikes, 馃槵 yes a TrackHawk launch can definitely be crazy 馃お.

I am guessing you are asking about the mode selector buttons like auto, sport, snow, etc? That is a complete module assembly in the console that typically comes out as one unit. Unsure if you can remove individual buttons but highly doubt it.

If you can get the module assembly out I would douse it heavily around all the buttons with something like CRC brand QD "plastic safe" contact cleaner from Lowe's and let it dry out completely before reinstalling.

View attachment 11101
Yeah the launch was pretty wild that day for some reason. The selector wheel is good but yeah the buttons I wonder if they come off without breaking them. Looks like a 200$+ part unfortunately

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out the switch assembly was designed well and was easy to remove. You just lift up on the console, unplug the connector and press on couple tabs and it pops out. There a bunch of drain holes so nothing actually got on the board it was just the gunk between the plastic buttons.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts