Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering whats going on with my transmission as of the last 100miles. Im an 18 all stock with about 8800 miles . I live in mi and its gotten a little cooler here. 1 afternoon i had been driving my jeep for about 45min in traffic when i noticed it started to shift a lil wierd. I noticed that the 1rst to second gear shifts feel laggy like to much shift extension. I also notice it doesnt feel as snappy when i tip in the throttle. It seems to rev up higher almost to get it moving . It has been this way for the last 100miles or so . It still shifts just doesnt have the precision it had at lower speeds . It also feels like its not as responsive . Its almost like the gear selection isnt right. Just wanted to see if anyone has expierenced this. Truck still feels fast once its moving just doesnt feel the same. Anyone notice anything along these lines . It feels like something isnt right. Thanks sorry for the long post

·
Registered
554 Posts
There is a trans reflash for the 2018 that covers some of those converter issues you mentioned.

Mine does this as well at times. I’ve learned to live with it by stepping into the gas more or just ignoring it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres a re -flash thats good to to hear. I just dont understand why started doing outa nowhere. But i guess i should take it in.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Are you sure that your transmission settings are still in the sport mode...perf pages stuff.

Reactions: Broken98

·
Registered
554 Posts
Are you sure that your transmission settings are still in the sport mode...perf pages stuff.

It doesn’t do it sport or track, just auto. It’s a torque converter slip or gear change flared shift if you have ever had a trans start going on you.

Assuming OP is talking about same thing I am.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So im reading this right there is some sort of software re fladh for this . Thanks all in advance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the same issue. It’s a bit annoying. Agree started out of nowhere.
-WEIRD...other day..my TH wouldnt shift properly..got stuck in gear..just weird sh*t..
turned it off..re started..worked fine..but trannie light on dash came on..made an appt..to take her in ..(a few days out)..the morning of my appt...trannie light off...just weird stuff..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine does this same exact thing. Once it hits 180f it's game over. Started shifting with the paddles to compensate and then my upshifter started downshifting. FCA "corporate resource" was useless and they won't let the dealer touch it as any attempted repairs go towards lemon law.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine does this same exact thing. Once it hits 180f it's game over. Started shifting with the paddles to compensate and then my upshifter started downshifting. FCA "corporate resource" was useless and they won't let the dealer touch it as any attempted repairs go towards lemon law.
Mine used to do this FWIW and hasn't done it in the last 8 months. I have 12k miles on it and it did it several times when I had about 2k miles on it...not sure what fixed it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any update on this as mine is starting to do it. Mine is a 2018 with 18k miles. Symptom is when starting from slow speed or at stop light, the engine revs but doesn’t feel like it’s engaged or the vehicle is moving. This causes me to have to push the gas even harder then it overeacts once it engages. Especially noticeable when coming to a quick stop and then having to take off again. The other day it was doing it and when I went to push the gas harder, it fell on its face for a second. Almost like a gear/differential completely slipped. Then it took off again. No codes or anything. Has anyone confirmed that transmission reflash fixes this?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a 2018 8900 miles. I have the same issue from a stop. When starting to move it feels like its in too high of a gear when you touch the gas the it drops the gear but only after you press the throttle harder-- thus you get the jolt. I thought on my end that this was from switching both my pulleys but it clearly is not. Is it livable yes. I do wonder if the Livernois trans tune has the same issue or addresses it. Does anyone on this thread have a TCM tune from Livernois? I would be interested in hearing. Instagram @scott_kaz73

·
Registered
78 Posts
Curious to see if my issue is similar to this...When I'm at a complete stop and give it throttle there is lag at around 1300-1500 rpm until it jumps to 2k and hits second. It just coasts at 1500rpm until I wait a few seconds and it'll switch to 2nd. Also get some "whiplash" on downshifts as well...not too sure what to diagnose this with before taking it to the stealership. Worried they won't find anything and just joyride my TH lol. This happens to me in any driver mode as well...ie: Auto, Sport, Track, etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just heard back from dealership on mine. Thank goodness it did it for them on their test drive. They quickly identified it as the valve body in the transmission needing replaced and orders a new one. They indicated there’s a bulletin out on this but I haven’t seen it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Glad they were able to pin point something and hopefully it fixes your issue. Keep us posted if it solves your problem. I’ll be taking mine in sometime soon to get looked at.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Will do. I have to say, the dealership I take mine to is awesome. They also ordered me a new intake since the rubber on mine was turning that mildew white color. If you’re in Columbus area of OH, use Crown Jeep in Dublin, OH.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts