Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
38k miles and I’m guessing my transmission blew, took off from a light mid throttle and felt a big pop now trans won’t get out of park, even if I shift the gears it stays in park...I’m hoping it’s nothing to major but I’m expecting the worst...100k Jeep waste of money, on top of that my rear wheel bearings were also shot 🏻

·
Registered
16 Posts
More details would make this a much more relevant post.
Modded, or not? If so, what mods?

When you take it in for what obviously will be a warranty repair, let us know what they say.

·
Registered
83 Posts
For sure give us the details I’ll be following things closely I’m skeptical on the 8HP95 clutch packs. If they’re anything like the hp90s in the hellcats.

·
Registered
582 Posts
With proper tuning, the hp95 trans is pretty solid past 800+ whp. Once past that, all bets are off, but that’s pretty good if you ask me.

You can’t run an extra 100hp over oem power thru certain transmissions without major rehabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
582 Posts
9 of the last 12 threads are complaint threads.

My opinion is irrelevant. I’m more stating the facts of what is happening.

With the amount of guys here who have modded trackhawks, it be more refreshing to hear some performance talk instead, but I have to be believe they just take that talk elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Idk, it seems very similar to Livernois. On here (until recently) it’s only good stories but when you go to FB where there are more people, you hear more of the bad side of things. FCA denying warranty of vehicles not even modified, multiple trips to resolve a single issue, incompetent employees, ridiculous QC issues, closing out service tickets without even attempting diagnostics and just general treating the client like crap.

It’s true that once I feel a company has not only dropped the ball but then also decided to crap on their customers then they have lost my business and as a decent human being, I usually try to steer others clear from getting involved with said company. To me it’s no different than my issue with my pool builder. Guy messed it all up, it leaked from day one and he changed the name of his business and claims he doesn’t owe me anything. I disagree and I tell lots of people about his past businesses as well as my experience with him. Now he just cries to everyone that I’m ruining his business. His actions caused his issues, I’m only spreading the word.

Mike, if my posts truly bother you, there’s a way to block me so that you don’t have to see my comments. PM me if you need help doing so.

·
Registered
83 Posts
With proper tuning, the hp95 trans is pretty solid past 800+ whp. Once past that, all bets are off, but that’s pretty good if you ask me.

Yeah thinking about it in that light it is pretty good especially in a vehicle this heavy and awd. I’ve herd the 95s addressed some of the short comings of the 90s and overall a beefier unit. I just haven’t been inside one or talked to anyone who has to confirm yet. The 90s are a stout unit also. It’s like anything else pound on it too much and anything will eventually break.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it’s still stock no mods besides intake mainly for whine, I have all the parts for a livernois s975 package but haven’t put them on because this issue I was worried about warranty . As of now dodge still hasn’t even seen it which sucks because I want to know the exact issue ...basically the Jeep won’t go into gear it feels like it wants to but just blinks park even when in drive. So I have no idea what’s wrong but I’m sure the tranny is broken

·
Registered
41 Posts
More details would make this a much more relevant post.
Since this is a first post from a “just joined,” being short on details isn’t a surprise.

Let’s try not to turn this forum into a constant ***** fest at fca.
Unfortunately, this particular forum appears to have a juvenile approach to a few things.

Best of luck to the OP on his warranty claims.

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blown transmission, warranty covering it and my rear bearings , might replace drive shaft and transfer case as well. I miss it already lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
38k miles and I’m guessing my transmission blew, took off from a light mid throttle and felt a big pop now trans won’t get out of park, even if I shift the gears it stays in park...I’m hoping it’s nothing to major but I’m expecting the worst...100k Jeep waste of money, on top of that my rear wheel bearings were also shot 🏻

mine had same problem, they said it was the valve body, ended up replacing my whole transmission mine was new only 400 miles on it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
**** I have 38k on mine so it lasted and now I get a new one to start the trans timer lol, need to blow up the engine now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ditto problem

1 - 18 of 18 Posts