Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen differing thoughts on tuning the TH transmission. Some say after installing an upper or the lower pulley to tune the trans. Others say to wait until you're around 900 crank HP. I'm not going to take it to the 1/4 mile but I want it to shift fast for my spirited events. What's the upper limits for HP on the transmissions? How many of you got the trans tuned when you had the engine tuned? Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
I have no idea about the 900HP you should tune the trans? tune the trans when you do pulleys for sure. your power band will get bigger and you need to adjust the trans so it does not short you or run you to the limiter.
best reply would be ask your tuner when he thinks it should be done.
Mine is tuned but Im also at or above that 900HP mark.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Trans Tune is my next step. I should gain a lil HP out of the extra RPM ( am I crazy to think that?) - I saw the Dusterhoff trans tune was $150 anyone have any knowledge of any of who to go to other then Livernois?

·
Registered
375 Posts
that would be my choice, but if he didnt tune it expect a lot of finger pointing if **** goes sideways.
Im probably going with the dusterhoff tune. Shift's max out at 6450 rpm, $150. then my tuner needs to install it for me. Ill probably pay for another dyno session to see if I actually gain any HP. If I dont like the tune its not a large sum of money lost. I have eaten meals that will have costed more and been disappointed so this is no big deal. At the end of the day... Im pumped with the way this car runs modded as is. But I can never seem to leave well enough alone. lol!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts