Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think mine is done for and I’ve ordered a replacement. Tuner says they don’t need to drop the trans to swap this out. Is this something I can do myself on jackstands or am I going to have to suck it up and pay someone to do it?
If anyone has the procedure or prior experience, I sure would appreciate it. I could definitely save a few bucks on this money pit, d*mn thing needs tires again and probably brakes, not to mention all the stuff I actually WANT to upgrade.
Sigh 😔, come on powerball. Lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I’ve been looking into if this is in my ability and I totally think I can do this. I think the part that I’m unsure of is what I need to remove on the Jeep in order to access the pan bolts and tube on the trans. I’m looking at torque specs and order but looks like the gasket is reusable.
if anyone has the MOPAR procedures to remove/install the valve body with the trans in place, it would surely be helpful. Please PM me so everyone doesn’t start asking you for procedures. I can keep a secret 🤫

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is some information
Thanks for that. Most of my questions are procedure related to removing/installing the valve body while on the Jeep. What, if anything needs to be removed from the Jeep? I found a related video, slightly different model but valve body should be the same-ish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts