Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
def looks cool....and if you get some sound out of it...probably worth it..may i ask what it cost ya..and how much was it to install..
thx again!
Apologies on the delay. You probably already found your answers but install was easy, took less than 20 minutes and the price is listed on legmakers website, no discounts here.

Regarding the flashlight:

I have had and currently have vehicles with a rechargeable flashlight, but now only use FENIX flashlights. The one I really like for my vehicles is the FENIX UC35 V2.0 RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT. It is small and can be recharged in the vehicle using one of the USB ports. The beam range is incredible on this small flashlight.
I have something very similar I keep in the garage and toss in the car should we be making any long road trips.

The problem I have ran into in the past is that I forget to charge them so having one that auto recharges any time the car is running WITHOUT using up a USB or power socket and having wires in the way, is ideal. But probably a silly mod for most, never claimed I was sane.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Where did you get the dead pedal and e-brake cover?
Dead pedal is from eBay under "Durango Dead Pedal". eBay- Durango / Grand Cherokee Dead Pedal

The e-brake cover is actually a Mercedes part #2034300084

You can find it many places from Amazon to eBay as well, sometimes they list it by part #, sometimes they don't. It does require a bit of trimming to make it work but its not hard...

Just take the rubber one that came off the pedal, flip it over. Flip over the silver one. Trim the back section to match as closely as possible. (I left a little more on than the original had to make sure I didnt cut off too much and slowly trimmed back a sliver or two more until it went on cleanly.

Now that's all I did on our 2012 originally and though it was a touch loose it never came off, UNTIL we went to trade it in and it was knocked off as I was getting out.

So on our 2015 and my TH, I went ahead and added some two part epoxy to it. Plenty of surface area and again the rubber lips around it on a few sides so that's very solid.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dead pedal is from eBay under "Durango Dead Pedal". eBay- Durango / Grand Cherokee Dead Pedal

The e-brake cover is actually a Mercedes part #2034300084

You can find it many places from Amazon to eBay as well, sometimes they list it by part #, sometimes they don't. It does require a bit of trimming to make it work but its not hard...

Just take the rubber one that came off the pedal, flip it over. Flip over the silver one. Trim the back section to match as closely as possible. (I left a little more on than the original had to make sure I didnt cut off too much and slowly trimmed back a sliver or two more until it went on cleanly.

Now that's all I did on our 2012 originally and though it was a touch loose it never came off, UNTIL we went to trade it in and it was knocked off as I was getting out.

So on our 2015 and my TH, I went ahead and added some two part epoxy to it. Plenty of surface area and again the rubber lips around it on a few sides so that's very solid.
Dude, you rock. Thank you for the info!! I always meant to do this on my '15 SRT, but the TrackHawk is even more deserving of some of these nice touches that really should have been factory ones.

Reactions: Daniel454

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Some updated Mods / Pics.... Tinted Tails are on.....

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Looks really good. I have almost blacked out my TH. Everything minus the lights has been tinted wrapped with sunk tek clear and ceramic coated. picupload
Looks awesome! I almost went black this round but changed to blue last minute.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sweet looking beast. Now get some power mods going :).
Soon I hope, still holding out hope that Corsa will change their mind and do an exhaust and I plan to get Demon to do a pulley upgrade if I can ever find enough time in my life to get it over to them....

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Latest Mods complete:

Installed my custom painted Engine Covers...

True Blue Base with Orange letters...

Pictures make it almost look red but you can see the color matches the orange valve covers really well...

·
Registered
599 Posts
I always loved the blacked out look and might be attempting to just tint the tail light enough to still show red through.

Going any darker than what appear OEM scares me due to what cops might do.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
They did come out a little darker than I originally planned but I also installed brighter LED lights to counter it some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
I like the head covers, they look nice. Such a shame u gotta put a hood on these things. Ammmiright??

Pricey to do this? Already spent a small fortune on billet technology stuff.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I like the head covers, they look nice. Such a shame u gotta put a hood on these things. Ammmiright??

They were a little pricey because the vendor I used preferred to use new ones so a lot of the cost went to FCA in brand new covers....

I understand why he goes that route though, used ones can be difficult to ensure all of the oil and grime are gone which could affect paint adherence...

Unfortunately the company I used announced they were no longer offering this service in 2019, I got in right under the wire...

If you can find a place to paint your used ones I wouldn't expect more than a couple hundred $$...

·
Registered
172 Posts

They were a little pricey because the vendor I used preferred to use new ones so a lot of the cost went to FCA in brand new covers....

I understand why he goes that route though, used ones can be difficult to ensure all of the oil and grime are gone which could affect paint adherence...

Unfortunately the company I used announced they were no longer offering this service in 2019, I got in right under the wire...

If you can find a place to paint your used ones I wouldn't expect more than a couple hundred $$...

When I had my Corvette custom LED tail lights smoked, I sent them to guy named Brandon in CA. I have his business card at home and can get his contact info to you if you are interested. He will paint anything you want to send him and in some cases has some already done for some car models. Don’t quote me, but I think I might have paid ~$130 for all 4 tail lights.

I will mention that there was about a 2 week turnaround time because of shipping both ways. You could pay for priority shipping to speed things up, but you will still have at least a day or so of cure time. Also depends on his workload…. The tinted paint and clear coat was flawless and the bright LED’s show without issue and I have not had any issues with law enforcement picking on me.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
I always loved the blacked out look and might be attempting to just tint the tail light enough to still show red through.

Going any darker than what appear OEM scares me due to what cops might do.
Check out srtninjausa on Instagram - he sells tint stickers for all of our lights and they look amazing. His full kit includes the front light amber markers, side mirror lights, spoiler light, rear taillights, reverse lights and rear fog lights. Just the right amount of smoke and looks amazing at night.

Below is a before/after from the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check out srtninjausa on Instagram - he sells tint stickers for all of our lights and they look amazing. His full kit includes the front light amber markers, side mirror lights, spoiler light, rear taillights, reverse lights and rear fog lights. Just the right amount of smoke and looks amazing at night.

That rear end looks familiar!! >:)

·
Registered
267 Posts

half of that stuff is illegal and ticket able offenses, namely the tinting of front amber markers, rear side markers, and depending on state the rear tails reverse and fog. let alone it would make already weak reverse lights weaker.

the side mirror tint is a must to me, the clear housing clashes, and its legal in every state to tint those. also the spoiler brake light should be ok as well if you have both rear brake lights untinted.

I like that kit and im sure it would look great on any TH, but looks aint everything...thats what my wife tells me lol:x

·
Registered
266 Posts
half of that stuff is illegal and ticket able offenses, namely the tinting of front amber markers, rear side markers, and depending on state the rear tails reverse and fog. let alone it would make already weak reverse lights weaker.

the side mirror tint is a must to me, the clear housing clashes, and its legal in every state to tint those. also the spoiler brake light should be ok as well if you have both rear brake lights untinted.

I like that kit and im sure it would look great on any TH, but looks aint everything...thats what my wife tells me lol:x
To each their own - I have 20% tint all the way around including my windshield and have been pulled over several times with no issues. I've had a couple of occasions when I was told that my front brow shouldn't be below my AS-1 line (which it is) but never ticketed. Call me lucky but the look of the smoked lenses far exceeds a $110 ticket in my state.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I feel you man I used to be the same im just getting too prudent in my old age and don't care for the encounters with police and time wasted or the added attention. at least in my state you can go pretty hard and be Legal. I have a 5% brow, 35% fronts, 20 over the stock 20 on everything else so 4%. side mirror tint and 3rd brake tint. all legal. ill get pictures up shortly, been waiting for BCforged wheels to show up then ill take the time to get some content up.

Reactions: Quicksilver
21 - 40 of 68 Posts