Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Some tow truck buddies of mine used to always have police scanners on in their normal cars to avoid police. Its annoying to have a radio going but its a solution.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Daniel you have one of the best looking Trackhawks hands down!!

Did you ever get those side view mirror signals tinted? this company Luxe makes precut pieces that are super cheap like 15 bucks for the set. get the dark gloss. they look great on mine and were a 5 minute install.

Reactions: Daniel454

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Daniel you have one of the best looking Trackhawks hands down!!

Did you ever get those side view mirror signals tinted? this company Luxe makes precut pieces that are super cheap like 15 bucks for the set. get the dark gloss. they look great on mine and were a 5 minute install.
Thanks!

I have not ordered them yet only because priorities have shifted a bit the last few weeks more toward some needed home renovations and soon to be more performance oriented mods to the Jeep....

I have them on the to do list though, hope to get to that point by late spring / early summer.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Tonight I installed a metal Hellcat start button....

I have actually been hesitant to put the Hellcat emblem on the vehicle at all. While not a fan of the "TrackHawk" name, I felt like Hellcat was more for the Dodges (no offense to anyone who disagrees and re-badged.)

But since the Engine is a Hellcat Engine, and pressing that button starts said Hellcat engine... It really did seem fitting here..
. :grin2:

Besides, I really liked the fact that this replacement piece was metal and stood out more than the original.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Tonight I installed a metal Hellcat start button....

I have actually been hesitant to put the Hellcat emblem on the vehicle at all. While not a fan of the "TrackHawk" name, I felt like Hellcat was more for the Dodges (no offense to anyone who disagrees and re-badged.)

But since the Engine is a Hellcat Engine, and pressing that button starts said Hellcat engine... It really did seem fitting here..
. :grin2:

Besides, I really liked the fact that this replacement piece was metal and stood out more than the original.
Looks great during the day. I have one as well and wish they allowed for the backlight to shine through as you can't see anything at night.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Just got it back from Demon Performance.

Did the D2 Package (10% ATI OD Lower, 180 CAI, Tstat, HP ECU / Trans tune) plus the FI Interchiller....

Giving it 738AWHP!

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Great job and awesome results. Good folks Demon Performance non better than Mr Skip, did you install the spacer plates from down under? If no than maybe it could be a next project. Looking good.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Great job and awesome results. Good folks Demon Performance non better than Mr Skip, did you install the spacer plates from down under? If no than maybe it could be a next project. Looking good.

No I did not, I so went back and forth on the spacers, I now wish I had just to get it all buttoned up and done at the same time. I will eventually though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: X+ Pilot

·
Registered
200 Posts
Now you need to get an awesome strut bar painted in that beautiful blue hint hint :wink2::smile2:

Reactions: Broken98

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Now you need to get an awesome strut bar painted in that beautiful blue hint hint :wink2::smile2:
:wink2:

Your strut bar is actually on my short list, my hold up is choosing the color....

Not sure if I want to go with the blue or the silver to match the SC...

I even considered Orange to match the engine / valve covers and painted engine covers but that might be TOO much orange (and would have to try to get the paint code from JLT since they did the painted engine covers for me).

Also considered trying to match the Billet tech stuff but since that anodized instead of paint that again creates difficulties...

I'm definitely going to get one, just have to figure out the right paint color scheme. :grin2:

·
Registered
266 Posts
:wink2:

Your strut bar is actually on my short list, my hold up is choosing the color....

Not sure if I want to go with the blue or the silver to match the SC...

I even considered Orange to match the engine / valve covers and painted engine covers but that might be TOO much orange (and would have to try to get the paint code from JLT since they did the painted engine covers for me).

Also considered trying to match the Billet tech stuff but since that anodized instead of paint that again creates difficulties...

I'm definitely going to get one, just have to figure out the right paint color scheme. :grin2:
Looking at your pictures my opinion would be the orange to go along with your painted covers. It would tie it all together and wouldn't be too much. My second choice would be the vehicle color. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
269 Posts
Latest Mods complete:

Installed my custom painted Engine Covers...

True Blue Base with Orange letters...

Pictures make it almost look red but you can see the color matches the orange valve covers really well...
How are these engine covers holding up? Is the paint holding up to under hood temps?

I had a set of these on a car once but after daily driving it for a few months the colors faded and after a year looked horrible.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
How are these engine covers holding up? Is the paint holding up to under hood temps?

I had a set of these on a car once but after daily driving it for a few months the colors faded and after a year looked horrible.
So far these look just like new, although it's been a while time wise, I don't have a lot of miles on them.

However, I had a much larger engine cover painted and installed on my old Dodge Magnum. I ran it for over 10 years and 120,000 miles with absolutely no issue....

It mostly comes down to prep and quality of paint. All of mine have been new parts so they had no existing oil or other substances on them and all were professionally painted by auto body / custom shops.

I also followed up with a solid coat of wax on each and remove them and wash with regular car wash.

I'm sure you COULD use existing / used parts but would have to be VERY sure they were very clean before beginning.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
No new mods to report but did finally get it washed and tried to get some pics in varied sunlight to show some of the different hues of the blue...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Your TH looks amazing! That side shot really shows the beauty of the True Blue paint. Your custom-painted liquid titanium wheels are also very cool.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Your posts are one of the reasons I went with True Blue Pearl. Now you have me thinking Demon Performance as well. Keep the posts coming!

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
Ive prob already said it but you have good attention to detail. nice subtle mods that make you stand out from the pack. the wheel color is on point also I agree with Quick Silver.

how are the lil wind deflector things you have? I love fresh air but hate the wind blasting on the side of my head all day. I was gonna buy some last month but decided not to as wasnt sure of looks and if they even work.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts