Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've now been in possession of my 2018 Trackhawk for a solid two weeks now and I must say I have had a very positive experience, thus far, even with finding a few QC issues.

So far I have found 4, minor, quality control issues. My passenger rear taillights were misaligned. The stick on fender trim on the driver's side rear door was mounted too low. There was a smuge, that wouldn't seem to clean off, on the leather dash and my lower radiator hose came loose from its bracket.

The first 3 issues were addressed satisfactorily by my dealer and the forth was addressed by myself. As I stated previously, all were minor issues and even though I was told by my dealer that there was no way to adjust the taillights, I didn't take no for an answer and the dealer finally corrected the issue. The issue turned out to be a body shop manager that did not know what he was talking about. All in all, I have had a very positive dealer experience.

My ownership experience has continued to be very positive regarding the usage of the vehicle. I seem to be getting 18 MPG or better during highway driving. I'll have to see what I get while towing. The power is unbelievable and the handling is much better than expected for a heavy SUV. The seats are very comfortable and I love the customizable guages and infotainment system.

Mechanically, I am very impressed at how crisp the transmission shifts. I have several friends that are MB techs and they have both said the tranny seems better than anything that MB currently offers in their AMG lineup.

More to come as I put more miles on it and tow my race trailer but I couldn't be more happy with the car at this point.

Reactions: WA 2 FST

·
Banned
362 Posts
Glad you like it and the problems you have had do seem minor.

For me, after 36k miles, I've had zero issues so far, other than it eats tires (I'm on the third set now) and brake dust. :frown2: But, I expected both of those issues since I had a couple of GC SRT's before the TH. Gas mileage on the road on long trips is about 16 to 17. I can get 18+ if I keep is under 70 for an extended period of time, but that's no fun,. My average is 15 to 16 most of the time but I didn't buy this thing for it's gas mileage. Never seen a dealers shop since I drove it off the lot.

The only other problem I recall was with the performance pages during the first few months. Sometimes they would not load or would take forever. That was corrected by an automatic OTA software update.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My lower radiator hose bracket was not connected from the factory either. As I begin to mod I find flaws, but usually things like misalignments issues like the OP experienced or missing/broken clips on interior body panels.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had some misaligned fender flares as well. When I pointed them out on the first oil change, they said that they would need to order new ones and paint them to match ( which they could not guarantee would match perfectly). I passed on pursuing this as I did not want to make the situation worse, unless you are telling me they are off base here.
I also had the stitching on the leather console surround misaligned from the rest of the vertical seams on the driver’s side and they did agree to order me a new surround. Lastly, I did find that my horn was fairly difficult to enable and that it would take multiple attempts to get it to honk ( I am assuming there is a problem with the contact plate). Other than the usual complaints as to excessive brake dust, I was relatively impressed after upgrading the HID bulbs and going LED on the tail light bulbs (which aid your rear camera vision tremendously).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts