Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Our 2018 TH Uconnect screen is delaminating. Now it wont work and weird stuff is happening like the heated seats stay on. Any source in Canada you can recommend for a fix or replacement?

Lots of options in the US but with our dollar and shipping costs its expensive.

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mine also has an area up top the is delaminating. Not affecting function yet. Was there an issue with something not showing with new head unit? I/C reading or something/

·
Registered
2018 TrackHawk
18 Posts
I had mine replaced while I was out of warranty. Just take it to the dealer get it diagnosed that the screen needs replacement. After that you can file a case with FCA and they should be able to authorize a replacement.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
just make sure its the upgraded version. has a different part number than the original screen

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am in contact with Jeep Customer Care right now to try and get my 2018 replaced. I took it to the Dealership but they were not willing to replace it due to being out of warranty.

Hopefully Jeep Customer Care comes through.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
105 Posts
When I bought mine from an owner in Gerogia, it came off the truck not working (the UConnect). The Nav thought I was in the middle of the ocean and the time was all jacked up as well. When they went to replace it, they said the screen had started delaminating anyway. Fingers crossed that this one I have now doesn't have the issue. It's been about 2 years now and all is well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Below is the response I received from Jeep Customer Care after taking my 2018 Trackhawk to the Dealership and having it diagnosed with the delaminated Uconnect screen. The Dealership was also unwilling to replace it due to being out of warranty.

Thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care.

If what you are seeking is cost assistance, we fully appreciate your concern, particularly in view of the expense and inconvenience involved. However, we are unable to accommodate your request for out-of-warranty consideration. Your 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee has exceeded the time and mileage limitations of the warranty we offered on the vehicle at the time it was purchased, nor are there any service contracts, extended warranties or recalls that relate to your concern.

We do stand behind our products, but after the warranty has expired, charges must then be your responsibility. Any further questions or concerns will need to be discussed with your authorized dealership.

Best wishes,

Belinda
Jeep Customer Care

·
Super Moderator
2,914 Posts
Below is the response I received from Jeep Customer Care after taking my 2018 Trackhawk to the Dealership and having it diagnosed with the delaminated Uconnect screen. The Dealership was also unwilling to replace it due to being out of warranty.

Thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care.

If what you are seeking is cost assistance, we fully appreciate your concern, particularly in view of the expense and inconvenience involved. However, we are unable to accommodate your request for out-of-warranty consideration. Your 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee has exceeded the time and mileage limitations of the warranty we offered on the vehicle at the time it was purchased, nor are there any service contracts, extended warranties or recalls that relate to your concern.

We do stand behind our products, but after the warranty has expired, charges must then be your responsibility. Any further questions or concerns will need to be discussed with your authorized dealership.

Best wishes,

Belinda
Jeep Customer Care

I would respond back that this is a known manufacturer’s defect. Maybe too much time has passed for them to consider this a good faith effort?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would respond back that this is a known manufacturer’s defect. Maybe too much time has passed for them to consider this a good faith effort?

I'm not going to waste any more time on it. I went ahead and ordered the one off ebay for $400 and I will put it in myself.

I should receive it in a couple days and the install looks straightforward.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Keep us posted on the results. Can you also list the part # you used and who sold it to you. Much appreciated.

I ordered the one I listed in post #9 above because the seller (oemgpsnav) has a 100% positive feedback.

The part # listed for the updated new version 8.4 Uconnect LCD monitor is LA084X01 (SL)(02).

I am going to be making a long trip at the beginning of Sept. so I am going to wait until I get back before I do the install, just in case I have issues.
But I will definitely post the results when I get it installed. There are a lot videos on youtube showing how to install these.

Reactions: Skltr
1 - 20 of 25 Posts