Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just read that Dodge is going to have an update to Uconnect to prevent thefts of high horsepower vehicles. Hope Jeep Cares will also do this. Have to input 4 digit code, otherwise vehicle only produces 3 HP and maximum 675 RPM. Stated it would be a free update available from dealerships when available.

After posting this, I had a major thought. What would happen when your radio decides to fail, I've already had mine replaced once due to NAV problems but have read of orhers having complete failure and having to wait quite awhile for replacement. I still, every once in awhile have blue screen pop up and have to turn vehicle off to get rid of this. So what happens if you can't enter the code, this has to be completely different than Valet mode, which I've heard if you disconnect battery that goes away.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Read some more, Dodge saying it's going to be able to update 2015 to present vehicles that have 392 & Hellcat motors sometime in the summer 2021. Will be able to start and idle but will have to input 4 digit code to drive the vehicle like normal. Will have something to do with Valet mode??

Reactions: PBGas and ROCKETW19

·
Banned
391 Posts
After posting this, I had a major thought. What would happen when your radio decides to fail, I've already had mine replaced once due to NAV problems but have read of orhers having complete failure and having to wait quite awhile for replacement.
That could be a minor issue. Especially if you don't have a winch on the trailer and able to take the car to a dealer that way.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That could be a minor issue. Especially if you don't have a winch on the trailer and able to take the car to a dealer that way.
It would be nice if this was incorporated into the My Mopar app so you can control it via your phone. That way if you get out of your car and forget to input the pin you can do it remotely. That would also bypass any screen issues - at least you could unlock it through the app and get it to the dealer as opposed to being towed or worse yet, stranded.

·
Banned
391 Posts
It would be nice if this was incorporated into the My Mopar app so you can control it via your phone. That way if you get out of your car and forget to input the pin you can do it remotely. That would also bypass any screen issues - at least you could unlock it through the app and get it to the dealer as opposed to being towed or worse yet, stranded.
Umm, lemme think about that....NO.

My phone doesn't (can't) control anything, me included. It does make and receive calls, and that's all it's for.
If/when the day comes when it requires a phone to do anything with my cars, they're out of here. I have older ones that that are fun to drive, too (although not as fast), that are completely free of touch screens and even computers.

Also, they are generally less likely to leave me stranded.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Here's a thought to ponder:
Some of us might say "what the hell, if it gets stolen that's what insurance for."

But, when THs are no longer being made (end of 2021?) there won't be any more new ones for any insurance company to replace yours with.

THAT would suck.

I'd much rather try and keep mine from getting heisted. I know it's impossible to totally do, but I can make it difficult.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here's a thought to ponder:
Some of us might say "what the hell, if it gets stolen that's what insurance for."

But, when THs are no longer being made (end of 2021?) there won't be any more new ones for any insurance company to replace yours with.

THAT would suck.

I'd much rather try and keep mine from getting heisted. I know it's impossible to totally do, but I can make it difficult.
TRUE. Basically what I'm saying is don't count on what Stellantis does, protect your own stuff, put alarm, put GPS tracking, put kill switch, it's more reliable than waiting for Stellantis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts