Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you go for service/maintenance do you put your Trackhawk in 'Valet' mode?

I'm just curious what eveyone does.

·
Registered
307 Posts

I don't but I also have a good relationship with my local dealer and have used them for 8 years so I have full trust that they will take care of me and my vehicles.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I just had mine at the local Jeep dealer for the last of the Wave complimentary oil changes. I made sure to ask for the SRT tech to do my service and drain the oil cooler....which they did ok.

What they DIDN'T do okay:
1. Ran it through their crappy automatic wash after I said twice not to.

2. Tried to convince me that my nearly new Green air filter was dirty and needed changing with the proper Mopar part.

3. Dinged three out of four of my expensive Forgeline wheels (in multiple places on each one) when they did a tire rotation that I DID NOT ask for, or want. I didn't notice it when I picked it up, as it was at the end of the day (a Friday) and my wife was not too pleasantly waiting for me. When I took it back the next week to complain, they of course played dumb and said it wasn't them who damaged the wheels.

4. Charged me for a bullsh!t fuel injection cleaner, that they hadn't even mentioned when I dropped the car off with them. I of course would've said NFW. I brought this up with the service writer when I paid the bill and he said "we do that to all Hellcat vehicles when they have this much mileage." My TH has 11,000 freaking miles! I didn't have the time to go ballistic on the guy, because my wife (see above) was waiting. Needless to say, I'll never go back to that f-ing POS dealer again.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
I just had mine at the local Jeep dealer for the last of the Wave complimentary oil changes. I made sure to ask for the SRT tech to do my service and drain the oil cooler....which they did ok.

2. Tried to convince me that my nearly new Green air filter was dirty and needed changing with the proper Mopar part.

3. Dinged three out of four of my expensive Forgeline wheels (in multiple places on each one) when they did a tire rotation that I DID NOT ask for, or want. I didn't notice it when I picked it up, as it was at the end of the day (a Friday) and my wife was not too pleasantly waiting for me. When I took it back the next week to complain, they of course played dumb and said it wasn't them who damaged the wheels.

4. Charged me for a bullsh!t fuel injection cleaner, that they hadn't even mentioned when I dropped the car off with them. I of course would've said NFW. I brought this up with the service writer when I paid the bill and he said "we do that to all Hellcat vehicles when they have this much mileage." My TH has 11,000 freaking miles! I didn't have the time to go ballistic on the guy, because my wife (see above) was waiting. Needless to say, I'll never go back to that f-ing POS dealer again.
I avoid dealer at all costs. I gladly pay the $90 oil change here at my local place FCA can shove the free oil up there ass. they get you like the crooks they are. All dealers are the same not just FCA they all just suck ass. Other them MBZ I had very good service there but didnt go many times.

·
Registered
271 Posts

I like my 'Hawk, so I don't subject it to dealers or any other shops. Regardless of how free the oil changes may be.
In other words, no need for Valet mode.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Me too, NOW, Jimmy! Lesson learned on the f-ing local Jeep dealer. Will be looking for a great independent shop.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is why I asked. Sorry, should have been more specific. I have scheduled an appointment to leave my Trackhawk to get my driver side mirror 'dimming' fixed, it's not dimming, so they should replace it under warranty. Rep said that I will have to leave the vehicle with them, so they can find out what wrong, than most likely it will take 1-2 days to get the part and replace it. So in total my car could be in the shop for 3 day minimum. Well, I don't know if they will joy ride or anything of that sort, since I won't be there. So that's why I ask what everyone does if something like this happens. I've been to this Jeep dealer before with my SRT, they were good previously, but you never know.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Too bad you don't live near me. My son-in-law is a Chrysler tech and also a car guy that owns his own GC SRT. He can work on mine!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Here is why I asked. Sorry, should have been more specific. I have scheduled an appointment to leave my Trackhawk to get my driver side mirror 'dimming' fixed, it's not dimming, so they should replace it under warranty. Rep said that I will have to leave the vehicle with them, so they can find out what wrong, than most likely it will take 1-2 days to get the part and replace it. So in total my car could be in the shop for 3 day minimum. Well, I don't know if they will joy ride or anything of that sort, since I won't be there. So that's why I ask what everyone does if something like this happens. I've been to this Jeep dealer before with my SRT, they were good previously, but you never know.
If I'm leaving it for days, then yes I would put it in valet mode.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, not recommended if its a official or good references place: why?

1st: if they want... they can disactivate (turn off) and activate (turn no) the valet mode using OBD port with Jeep diagnosis machine

2nd: in your deal service, they need to try the car and going beyond the valet limited mode, in order to verify or get references for the car

3rd: you can add (suggested) a GPS locator / Invoxia machine that measure the speed, distance, path and many datas more about the car and they can be watched by you (the user) using a mobile app. So you can know easly if they are doing something wrong with your car. So most of service workers now this, they can be vigiled and watched, so they should not go more than neccesary... or you will know it.

Reactions: Black Track

·
Registered
13 Posts

Valet mode is pretty pointless unless you're getting some kid to park it. I put my Trackhawk in to get a dealer fitted towbar went in with with Valet turned on. Came out with it turned off. Because they had disconnected the battery when they did the wiring. You can tell the dealer up front that you want it serviced by someone senior, not a junior tech and that you want a sensible person to test drive. Other than that it's very hard to stop it being driven but it doesn't mean they will alway drive it in appropriately either. @Supercharged GPS suggestion is about the only other option.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Valet mode gets deactivated if they disconnect the battery which they will probably do since there are electrical connections for the mirror. If you're leaving it, make sure if gets parked inside at night, they are hot vehicles and getting stolen from everywhere, even dealers.
They have no reason to drive your TH to replace the mirror, the mileage should only go up a mile, and thats only if it was about to flip before you got there.
A dashcam or GPS device isn't a bad idea.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
34 Posts

Omg id flip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts