Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, have had Jeep 3 srt’s, (first gen srt8 2010, 2015, 2018) just recently traded in my 15 SRT for new old stock 18 TH. Got blow out pricing and had the color and every option so couldn’t say no.

Anyway, good to be here. I’m on a couple other Jeep forums but found this TH specific forum. Have 2300kms on the rig now and loving every minute of it. I immediately installed JLT intake, have the BT catch can(swap from my 15 waiting for TH fit kit to arrive before install), bumper plugs, powerstop brake pads. Most likely will order Borla S cat back, as this TH is so quiet. Sounds great on startup and WOT, but other than that too quiet. Had Borla S on the 15 and loved it.

Couple issues that have to get resolved;

- Creaking noise A/B pillar area on drivers side while slow braking or coming to a stop. A few threads on the other forum discuss this. My 15 SRT also did this sporadically, but my exhaust covered it up. The TH is much more pronounced/noticeable and I have to get it dealt with. From research it appears to be a heat shield issue making contact with engine. Either heat shield needs to be pulled/bent back, or entire engine needs to be adjusted as far to one side as possible. Hoping the heat shield can be adjusted and the noise stops.

- when reversing 50% of the time I get a very slight clunk noise from the rear end area. Either transfer case or rear end it self. Will get this looked at, but again appears other have had this issue.

- one fender has small gap, which will be corrected at dealer body shop. All other fenders are tight. Dealer was made aware of issue upon delivery. Easy fix. I still cant believe Jeep hasn’t ensured this fix as it seems allot of them have this problem. My 15 had it on 2 fenders and was addressed.

After all this I still love the WK2 platform, know these issues can be corrected. Best looking suv hands down. TH is a blast and what a difference from my 15.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
655 Posts
Welcome to the party!

I was in Vancouver last month, on vacation, and loved it. Great scenery and restaurants, friendly people.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome, glad you were able to score a good deal. There is still a new 18 in the showroom here as well. I'll have to check my fenders! The only fitment issue I had (besides the a.c. line) was (is) the passenger rear tail light lens. Very poor alignment. The dealer tried to correct it but not much luck. A weld spot on the fender will have to be ground down in order to get it to fit properly. One day....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts