Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.
I'm from Switzerland, drive a Jeep Trackhawk and have a little problem. I need a replacement key with remote start function.
In Switzerland we have keys WITHOUT a remote start button.
The Jeep dealer now wants a VIN number from a 2018 Trackhawk WITH the original remote start key.

Can someone please help me and give me a VIN number?

greetings from Switzerland

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hello everybody.
I'm from Switzerland, drive a Jeep Trackhawk and have a little problem. I need a replacement key with remote start function.
The Jeep dealer now wants a VIN number from a 2018 Trackhawk WITH the original remote start key.

I'm confused. Did your key have remote start? Did you purchase through a dealer in Switzerland or the US? Why not go through your dealer? Sounds sketch to have a random stranger give you their VIN #.

·
Super Moderator
2,114 Posts
They don’t offer the remote start for EU, maybe all exports. I think he’s trying to get around this by using a US VIN but yeah, I’m not handing mine out either.

·
Registered
333 Posts
They don’t offer the remote start for EU, maybe all exports. I think he’s trying to get around this by using a US VIN but yeah, I’m not handing mine out either.
Then maybe it's time to buy a third party remote start - seems like that would be a much easier route as someone's going to have to wire it anyway. Even if he found a VIN, would a vehicle that isn't equipped with remote start be able to then accommodate a remote start?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought in Switzerland.
The remote start can also be activated on EU models. Needs a few things and a key with the remote start button.
The dealer can only order this with a VIN of an American model. That's his statement.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Even if he found a VIN, would a vehicle that isn't equipped with remote start be able to then accommodate a remote start?
I’m pretty sure you can Oder a fob off EBay. Hopefully that’ll help
Using AlfaOBD and a key from eBay would be all it takes. No dealer involvement needed.
Unless the vehicle PIN is needed, then that has to come from the dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello everybody.

Gotta admit, this is the weirdest question/request I’ve seen to date on this forum.
Best of luck with your remote start issue (I got nothin for ya) and hope you enjoy the TH on some of those Swiss roads.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I'm fairly certain that a Jeep dealer can resolve that problem. The worst case scenario is that the dealer simply reprogram new FOBs from scratch.
This request has a funny smell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts